Default Re: Accused of Physical and Verbal Harassment from Another Student

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    That's absolutely nutso.
    Or as it is now known, new age BS.

Default Re: Accused of Physical and Verbal Harassment from Another Student

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    So...out of the blue, your college/university contacted you (in writing? by phone?) and told you that "Susie is accusing you of 'harassing, threatening, and intimidating her.' Please provide "a statement . . . containing information that explains [your] side of the story," and that's it?

Honestly, why wouldn't your response be something like, "My side of what story? You haven't provided me with a 'story' such that I could tell you my 'side.' Susie and I used to date, and now we don't. Until you tell me what exactly I'm being accused of doing, there's nothing for me to tell you beyond that."?

Huh? Who are "they," and why would "they" be "advising" you about what "reflection" you have done?

That's absolutely nutso. Are you saying that your school notified you in some way that "Susie says you've harassed, threatened and intimidated her. Please tell us everything about your past relationship."? That's like a cop coming up to you and saying, "John is accusing you of several crimes. Please tell me everything about every interaction you've ever had with John." I think you seriously need to consider saying something like, "I deny any allegation of harassment, etc. If you want to provide specifics about what she is claiming, I'll be happy to respond in an appropriate manner. However, I'm not going to volunteer information about our relationship without having any specifics of what I'm being accused of doing." You also ought to look into retaining legal counsel.
    That's literally exactly what has happened.

I just heard back from the compliance officer after replying with your statement: "ll be happy to respond in an appropriate manner. However, I'm not going to volunteer information about our relationship without having any specifics of what I'm being accused of doing."

The compliance officer encouraged me to simply cooperate as best as I can...

Honestly it FEELS like batshit crazy, but I believe it would benefit my case to extrapolate on our relationship as I can provide texts, calls, and picture evidence that could put an end to this sooner rather than later.

If I continue to sit here and tell them "this is absurd, I'll respond to only specific allegations," that would look guilty right?

Btw, "they" are the compliance officer, the campus security director, and the associate dean.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2