Default What to Do

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Arizona, My husband has been on child support since 2016 for his son who is 11 after we had our daughter. It is stated that he owes back child support close to almost 23,000 dollars. The mother of the child has bounced from state to state pulling the child in and out of schools and his son also attended school and stayed with him when he was residing in Colorado. I guess my question is how can we prove to the state of Arizona that he has supported his child in the years prior too. They are calculating his back pay owed from the time of birth to current. which we are not understanding. Do we do the modification packet and cross our fingers? Can she be penalized for fraud, because this is exactly what this is. She was also receiving benefits from one state and living in another as well. What do we need to do, any information will help at this point. We have four children one together and my three prior to us getting married. We are just trying and wanting to get all or financials in order but this child support is just ridiculous close to 500 coming out every pay period.

Thank you
    A Wife Who Needs Answers

Default Re: What to Do

Quote Quoting ineedanswerz
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Arizona, My husband has been on child support since 2016 after having our daughter. It is stated that he owes back child support close to almost 23,000 dollars. The mother of the child has bounced from state to state. . . .
    Huh? If this is "our daughter," how is it that you're not the mother?

Are you saying that, in 2016, your husband had a child with another woman and that he has "been on child support" since then? And that, during that time, your husband has failed to pay to the tune of $23k?

View Post
    my question is how can we prove to the state of Arizona that he has supported his child in the years prior too.
    I don't really understand this question. First of all, if this isn't your child, then there is no "we." Second, "the years prior" to what? Third, all that really matters is whether he paid what he was ordered to pay.

Your husband needs to consult with a local family law attorney.

[QUOTE=pg1067;1127282]Huh? If this is "our daughter," how is it that you're not the mother?

Are you saying that, in 2016, your husband had a child with another woman and that he has "been on child support" since then? And that, during that time, your husband has failed to pay to the tune of $23k?

I don't really understand this question. First of all, if this isn't your child, then there is no "we." Second, "the years prior" to what? Third, all that really matters is whether he paid what he was ordered to pay.

Your husband needs to consult with a local family law attorney.[/QU

I corrected it sorry.

What proof does your husband have that he supported the child all those years? Cashed checks made out to the mother of the child would be the best sort of proof. A few grocery or clothing receipts will be just about useless.

[QUOTE=ineedanswerz;1127283]
    Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    I corrected it sorry.
    The issue still isn't clear. Is it correct that your husband is $23k in arrears for his son? As I wrote previously, all that really matters is whether he paid what he was ordered to pay. Has he done that?

Also, it sounds a bit like, at some point, the child started to live with your husband. Is that correct? When did that start? And, if he's not still living with you, when did he stop living with you? If you're thinking he can go back and say, "hey, my son has lived with me since ___, so I shouldn't own child support for that time," that's not how it works. If he wanted his child support to stop because his son started living with him, he needed to file with the court for that purpose.

[QUOTE=pg1067;1127292][QUOTE=ineedanswerz;1127283]

The issue still isn't clear. Is it correct that your husband is $23k in arrears for his son? As I wrote previously, all that really matters is whether he paid what he was ordered to pay. Has he done that?

Also, it sounds a bit like, at some point, the child started to live with your husband. Is that correct? When did that start? And, if he's not still living with you, when did he stop living with you? If you're thinking he can go back and say, "hey, my son has lived with me since ___, so I shouldn't own child support for that time," that's not how it works. If he wanted his child support to stop because his son started living with him, he needed to file with the court for that purpose.[/QUOTE

My husband was placed on child support in 2016 after we had our daughter. He was never on child support until then. She basically claimed that he never supported the child they have together which is why that amount is 23,000 dollars. which that is not case the case. prior to us being together before I was In the picture my now husband supported his child, as a matter of fact his son was living with him at one point in time. The child support did not come into play until we got engaged and I had his second child. She basically went to child support and said he never supported the child for the 11 years he has been on this earth. He has currently been paying his support payment since we found out and he has not missed a beat, but the fact he has arrears is what we need advice on, the fact she claimed he was absent and never supported his son.

Your husband is going to need to retain the services of an attorney to review the history of the case and advise him.

[QUOTE=ineedanswerz;1127592][QUOTE=pg1067;1127292]
    View Post

Also, it sounds a bit like, at some point, the child started to live with your husband. Is that correct? When did that start? And, if he's not still living with you, when did he stop living with you? If you're thinking he can go back and say, "hey, my son has lived with me since ___, so I shouldn't own child support for that time," that's not how it works. If he wanted his child support to stop because his son started living with him, he needed to file with the court for that purpose.[/QUOTE

My husband was placed on child support in 2016 after we had our daughter. He was never on child support until then. She basically claimed that he never supported the child they have together which is why that amount is 23,000 dollars. which that is not case the case. prior to us being together before I was In the picture my now husband supported his child, as a matter of fact his son was living with him at one point in time. The child support did not come into play until we got engaged and I had his second child. She basically went to child support and said he never supported the child for the 11 years he has been on this earth. He has currently been paying his support payment since we found out and he has not missed a beat, but the fact he has arrears is what we need advice on, the fact she claimed he was absent and never supported his son.
    Just repeating the same information in response to questions is not very helpful. For example, a couple of people asked you how long the child lived with him and you have never answered that question.

1. Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources