Default Denial of Access to My Children's School

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

While this topic was discussed in the past I can not find anything on the subject after 2014. So let me provide some quick background; I am a registered sex offender. My case is more than 30 years old. I have served my time in prison for the conviction and I successfully completed my parole. I am gainfully employed, married and we have two school age children. Recently our children's school has begun using The RAPTOR System. A computer program designed to identify sex offenders and prohibit them from entering campus'. After coming forward to the school about my status and attempting to adhere to the California Penal Code regarding campus access the school district supervisor has granted me limited access to the school's parking lot and a very small area outside the school campus to drop off my children. I have attempted to explain to the supervisor via E-mail that this arbitrary access oversteps his authority and violates my legal rights as a parent he is now dragging his feet and/or completely ignoring my attempts to find resolution. As far as I know the ONLY law that applies here is Penal Code 626.81 which only requires Lawful Purpose. (My children, including one special needs attend this school) and written permission. Has this law changed? If not how can I make this supervisor understand he lacks the legal right to limit my access? And yes I am sure there will be haters who believe sex offenders should not be allowed access to schools. but why should sex offenders be made to continuously pay for their crimes decades after they have completed their sentence?

Default Re: Denial of Access to My Children's School

Who is this "supervisor." If a calmly written letter explaining the incorrectness to the building doesn't yield results, you need to follow up with the district administrator/school board. If that doesn't yield results, there are indeed attorneys that specialize in dealing with educational matters. Often, the scare of legal action is enough to get schools to start obeying the law. Been there, done that.

Quote Quoting sinsofthepast
    View Post
    As far as I know the ONLY law that applies here is Penal Code 626.81 which only requires Lawful Purpose. (My children, including one special needs attend this school) and written permission. Has this law changed?
    This appears to be the pertinent part of 626.81:

(a) A person who is required to register as a sex offender pursuant to Section 290, who comes into any school building or upon any school ground without lawful business thereon and written permission indicating the date or dates and times for which permission has been granted from the chief administrative official of that school, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
    http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...tionNum=626.81.

View Post
    If not how can I make this supervisor understand he lacks the legal right to limit my access?
    Go higher up the food chain if you have to. He's a bureaucrat. Bureaucrats are trained to say no unless some one higher up covers their butts.

Or sic a lawyer on him.

If you have said written permission, then you should be okay. HAS the appropriate administrator provided said written permission as required?
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

While this topic was discussed in the past I can not find anything on the subject after 2014. So let me provide some quick background; I am a registered sex offender. My case is more than 30 years old. I have served my time in prison for the conviction and I successfully completed my parole. I am gainfully employed, married and we have two school age children. Recently our children's school has begun using The RAPTOR System. A computer program designed to identify sex offenders and prohibit them from entering campus'. After coming forward to the school about my status and attempting to adhere to the California Penal Code regarding campus access the school district supervisor has granted me limited access to the school's parking lot and a very small area outside the school campus to drop off my children. I have attempted to explain to the supervisor via E-mail that this arbitrary access oversteps his authority and violates my legal rights as a parent he is now dragging his feet and/or completely ignoring my attempts to find resolution. As far as I know the ONLY law that applies here is Penal Code 626.81 which only requires Lawful Purpose. (My children, including one special needs attend this school) and written permission. Has this law changed? If not how can I make this supervisor understand he lacks the legal right to limit my access? And yes I am sure there will be haters who believe sex offenders should not be allowed access to schools. but why should sex offenders be made to continuously pay for their crimes decades after they have completed their sentence?
    Victims of child sexual.abuse do not have limits on how long the abuse affects them and their lives. They did nothing wrong. You should have thought about the affects of your actions on your victims and you before you did it.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Victims of child sexual.abuse do not have limits on how long the abuse affects them and their lives. They did nothing wrong. You should have thought about the affects of your actions on your victims and you before you did it.
    What an interesting response from someone who goes by the name "Mercy&Grace" Even more interesting is the fact you have more than 3,000 responses and yet here, in this case, you have no clue what you are talking about. There were no victims of child sexual abuse. There were no children involved at all. What occurred was between two consenting adults up until the moment when her husband walked in and her consent suddenly disappeared. But thanks for proving me right that there are many who just assume without facts and judge harshly anyway.

1. Sponsored Links