Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default No Stipulations

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: ca

Can you go to trial if both parties doesnít have stipulations? I didnít submit my pre-trial statement and the defense attorneys statement only has my name on stipulations pages.

Default Re: No Stipulations

Yes.

Quote Quoting Fallguy
    View Post
    Can you go to trial if both parties doesn’t have stipulations?
    This question is pretty well incoherent, but the answer is almost certainly yes.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Yes.
    Itís good to see some things never change.

I guess itís common to sue another party without any demand.

Quote Quoting Fallguy
    View Post
    My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: ca

Can you go to trial if both parties doesnít have stipulations? I didnít submit my pre-trial statement and the defense attorneys statement only has my name on stipulations pages.
    I suspect that you don't really understand the meaning of "stipulations". Stipulations are things that both parties agree to ahead of any trial or hearing. So, yes, something can absolutely go to trial without stipulations by both parties.

If you really meant something else, then you need to articulate that.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    This question is pretty well incoherent, but the answer is almost certainly yes.
    I filed for a hearing for temporary total disability and I ended up going to trial even though I have three different doctor that has me at ttd. The judge had us fill out the pre-trial statement at the mandatory settlement conference. The judge left the defense attorney and myself in the trial room to complete the forms. I didnít understand it so I went home. I went back after lunch to ask the judge to go over the forms but the defense attorney took my forms and gave it to the judge. He told me that the judge will fill out the forms for us. I asked the judge and he nodded yes. The trial ended a few months ago and I was looking at my paperwork and I notice the pre-trial statement is blank. It only has the defense attorneys signature. I just wanted to know why I had to go to trial if neither party had any stipulations.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I suspect that you don't really understand the meaning of "stipulations". Stipulations are things that both parties agree to ahead of any trial or hearing. So, yes, something can absolutely go to trial without stipulations by both parties.

If you really meant something else, then you need to articulate that.
    I obviously donít understand it. Thatís why Iím asking here.

That makes some sense but how does that effect reconsideration with the appeals panel?

Quote Quoting Fallguy
    View Post
    I filed for a hearing for temporary total disability and I ended up going to trial even though I have three different doctor that has me at ttd. The judge had us fill out the pre-trial statement at the mandatory settlement conference. The judge left the defense attorney and myself in the trial room to complete the forms. I didnít understand it so I went home. I went back after lunch to ask the judge to go over the forms but the defense attorney took my forms and gave it to the judge. He told me that the judge will fill out the forms for us. I asked the judge and he nodded yes. The trial ended a few months ago and I was looking at my paperwork and I notice the pre-trial statement is blank. It only has the defense attorneys signature. I just wanted to know why I had to go to trial if neither party had any stipulations.

I obviously donít understand it. Thatís why Iím asking here.

That makes some sense but how does that effect reconsideration with the appeals panel?
    I don't know what it is that you do not understand because I don't know what you used the word stipulations to indicate. However, if you were supposed to fill something out and went home instead of doing it because you did not understand it, that was probably a bad idea. It might be time to get yourself an attorney.

Quote Quoting Fallguy
    View Post
    It’s good to see some things never change.

I guess it’s common to sue another party without any demand.
    I'm sure you don't know what a stipulation is.

Definition from Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary
    1) An agreement between the parties to a lawsuit. For example, if the parties enter into a stipulation of facts, neither party will have to prove those facts: The stipulation will be presented to the jury, who will be told to accept them as undisputed evidence in the case. 2) A representation or statement, typically by a party to a contract.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I'm sure you don't know what a stipulation is.

Definition from Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary
    1) An agreement between the parties to a lawsuit. For example, if the parties enter into a stipulation of facts, neither party will have to prove those facts: The stipulation will be presented to the jury, who will be told to accept them as undisputed evidence in the case. 2) A representation or statement, typically by a party to a contract.
    Thank you! I really appreciate it. Iíve been trying to make some sense from this all week. It feels like my case does not exist because I canít not get any information on it at the wcab.

Quote Quoting Fallguy
    View Post
    Thank you! I really appreciate it. I’ve been trying to make some sense from this all week. It feels like my case does not exist because I can’t not get any information on it at the wcab.
    It feels like your case doesn't exist because you don't know what you are doing and need a lawyer as you have been told all along. And work comp lawyers are a dime a dozen if you have even the thinnest of cases.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast