Unhappy 6 Year Old Red Light Ticket - California

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I just found out I have a ticket from February 2013 on FTA RF Phase 2. it says it went to collection.

I had no clue about this because I never got the notice, I still have a clean driving record, I had renew my driver license few times since then without issues, gotten pulled over, my credit score is perfect and even passed all the background tests for my residency without issues. nothing ever reflected I had anything on my record.
    I found out because I decided to run my drivers license on the court site just for fun :-|

Now I'm freaking out because I can't imagine how big that ticket most have gotten and specially about the legal consequences.

Can any anyone give me light in this matter?

Thank you.

Default Re: 6 Year Old Red Light Ticket - California

How did you find out you had a ticket? Was it from a collections agency? Do you recall ever getting a ticket?

I would suggest you ask for any paperwork and then check with the court where the citation was supposedly to be heard so you can check with the court.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

These tickets are served via mail. There are many reasons why the ticket may have failed to reach you, many of which may not necessarily be your fault. You need to contact the traffic clerk of the county the ticket was in to resolve the matter. They may schedule a hearing with a judge or the clerk may just speak directly with a judge without you going in. If you tell the court what happened the ruling will probably be vacated and you will not be responsible for the FTA or the fees associated with it.

If what B.Frank is suggesting does not work, you can still show up at court at any walk-in arraignment time and demand to talk to a judge. If you can show proof DMV had your correct address in 2013 - for example, that address is on your driver's license, and the license was issued prior to the date of the alleged offense - that might help. See here for more details.

1. Sponsored Links