Default Moving Out

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Kentucky. I am 17 years old and have eleven days until I turn 18. I am currently adopted. After being adopted my parents have helped move me out and I have not lived with them since May of 2019 after I graduated. Iím wanting to move back to my biological family in Indiana, and the way things are going now Iíd like to just go ahead and leave. Where I havenít lived under their roof for 5 months and have nothing in their house will the police even really do anything?

Default Re: Moving Out

Probably not. But there is always a chance. You aren't in the home anymore what is making it so you can't wait 11 days? Do you have some reason to believe your adopted parents will react to you moving is with your birth parents?

My adopted mother is quick to threaten to call the police on me if I do anything she doesnít like. Has threatened to lie on me to have me arrested and I believe they would try to lie on my Mother if I go to her.

At your age, there is very little chance the police are going to get involved especially since you have already been gone from home for months. And even if they did in less than 2 weeks it won't be anyone's business other than your own.

While I do not disagree with the above poster, I'm inclined to say that unless there is some compelling reason why you cannot wait another week and a half, you can save yourself an awful lot of grief by simply waiting for your 18th birthday.

Quote Quoting Kcsaylor
    View Post
    the way things are going now I’d like to just go ahead and leave.
    Give me a break. How bad can things be that you can't just wait for 11 days and then do whatever you like?

Heck, I bought I house June 27th and have been slowly working on it (for almost 4 months) to get it ready to move in. I hope to be ready in the next 11 days. Am I anxious, impatient, hell yes. But if it takes a little longer it's no BFD.

I'm 73 and I've got a lot less time left on this earth than you do. Don't be in such a hurry.

Iím in a hurry because I have no family down here. They donít care about me and never have. Itís all money for them.

Quote Quoting Kcsaylor
    View Post
    I’m in a hurry because I have no family down here. They don’t care about me and never have. It’s all money for them.
    That's a good reason to move, but it's not a reason not to wait 11 (now 10) days.

1. Sponsored Links