My question involves criminal law for the state of: Indiana / Michigan
My ex has 2 prior DUI's in his home state of Michigan and had his license suspended for over 6 years because he refused to follow the necessary steps to reinstate his license (classes, Interlock device, etc). His suspension was extended a few times due to getting caught driving without a license. He recently took a long term out of state job in Indiana and established residency there. He was only there for 2 months when he got another DUI. It is listed as a 1st offense and it does not list "Driving without an Operator's License" as a charge. Is it possible he was able to obtain a legal driver's license because Michigan does not share driving records with other states? Will the judge know of his 2 prior DUI's and take that into consideration when sentencing him in Indiana? I am tired of him being able to skirt the law and have little to no repercussions to his actions. I fear he could injure or kill someone in the future. Is there anything I can do to make the judge aware that he is a habitual offender?