Default Are You Allowed to Record an Interview at Walmart in Alabama

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of Alabama. My job interview was cut short and I was told to leave because I was recording the interview.(which I didn't even mean to do anyways in the first place.)

Default Re: Are You Allowed to Record an Interview at Walmart in Alabama

No, apparently you are not allowed to record at Walmart because Walmart says so. The prospective employer has a right not to hire people that he finds objectionable as long as it doesn't violate any anti-discrimination laws.

This has nothing to do with law, though it's legal in Alabama to record a conversation in which one is a party.

If you want to record job interviews and not get caught, that's OK. But when you do get caught it's out the door you go whether you meant to record or not.

If you are asking whether there is a law in Alabama (or any other state, for that matter) which guarantees you the right under the law to record a conversation no, there is not.

Just because it is legal to record a conversation does not mean the other party to the conversation is required to allow or agree to it. They have the right to say no.

There's no law that says someone can't record any conversation with another person (interview or otherwise), if the other person(s) involved have knowledge of the recording. However, there's also no law that requires anyone else to continue such a conversation (interview or otherwise) after becoming aware that you are interviewing.

In other words, if you want the interview and the employer doesn't want it recorded, then you either get the interview without recording or you don't get the interview.

1. Sponsored Links