Default Neighbor Has Put Fence on Land They Don't Own

Hi guys can anyone on here give me some advice

me and my gf are looking to buy the house that has came up for sale over the road from us since the current occupiers have moved out and put it up for sale the next door neighbour has pulled down the divide hedge that splits the property and erected a 6ft fence 1 ft over onto the property for sales land... can anyone advise what we can do about this can we speak with the estate agent while viewing which we have booked in tomorrow

Default Re: Neighbor Has Put Fence on Land They Don't Own

Quote Quoting Markus19
    View Post

me and my gf are looking to buy the house that has came up for sale over the road from us [sic]since the current occupiers have moved out and put it up for sale the next door neighbour has pulled down the divide hedge that splits the property and erected a 6ft fence 1 ft over onto the property for sales land [sic]... can anyone advise what we can do about this can we speak with the estate agent [?] while viewing [?]which we have booked in tomorrow
    Estate agent? viewing? I thought you said the neighbor had moved, not died.

Anyway, if you should become recorded owners of the "property for sales land over the road from us", please call again.

Incidentally, before you and your present or future girlfriend jointly engage in the purchase any real property - first check into the nearest mental clinic for the help you need! Disputes involving property boundaries would be a mere drop in the bucket compared to the legal pitfalls of creating a non-spousal estate in cotenancy or joint ownership!

Quote Quoting Markus19
    View Post

me and my gf are looking to buy the house that has came up for sale over the road from us since the current occupiers have moved out and put it up for sale the next door neighbour has pulled down the divide hedge that splits the property and erected a 6ft fence 1 ft over onto the property for sales land... can anyone advise what we can do about this can we speak with the estate agent while viewing which we have booked in tomorrow
    You can have a survey done before closing that will show if the fence is on lot you are planning to buy. With that in hand, you (or the seller) can ask the neighbor to remove it and put it on his property before you close. After you close, it becomes your headache.

Markus19, what US state are you in?

Since you don't own the property, there's relatively little you can do. You obviously can speak with anyone you like. You can also tell the seller that you won't buy it unless the fence situation gets resolved.

1. Sponsored Links