Default Concrete Pad Poured to Fence

i`m in the State of oregon. ex-neighbors poured concrete pad to fence. new neighbors move in and use it as a dog kennel. have complained to city both times. now the problem is that they wash pad(with bleach/other and it drains onto my side, my back door(main) is literally 3-4 feet away. not to mention the smells. the barking. the view of urine/feces.....they own and keep two malamute huskies on pad. the fence is unrepairable after one of the dogs chewed a couple planks up. if i could send u pics i would, have tried but not working. short of selling which i cannot do idk what to do. please help? half the pad is above grade which means when i am standing next to fence/pad is at my waist. also i do not know what forum on your site this should be posted to. feel free to move to appropriate.

Default Re: Concrete Pad Poured to Fence

Quote Quoting markla
    View Post
    i`m in the State of oregon. ex-neighbors poured concrete pad to fence. new neighbors move in and use it as a dog kennel. have complained to city both times. now the problem is that they wash pad(with bleach/other and it drains onto my side, my back door(main) is literally 3-4 feet away. not to mention the smells. the barking. the view of urine/feces.....they own and keep two malamute huskies on pad. the fence is unrepairable after one of the dogs chewed a couple planks up. if i could send u pics i would, have tried but not working. short of selling which i cannot do idk what to do. please help? half the pad is above grade which means when i am standing next to fence/pad is at my waist. also i do not know what forum on your site this should be posted to. feel free to move to appropriate.
    What if anything did the city do about it? Did you speak to a zoning officer about possible violations in placing the kennel so close to the property line? Did you find out if permits were required and if they were taken out?

Quote Quoting markla
    View Post
    ex-neighbors poured concrete pad to fence. new neighbors move in and use it as a dog kennel.
    Use what as a dog kennel? The concrete pad? The fence? How does one use a concrete pad or a fence as a dog kennel?

Quote Quoting markla
    View Post
    have complained to city both times.
    Who complained? Complained about what?

Quote Quoting markla
    View Post
    what to do. please help?
    When you knocked on your neighbor's door and asked to discuss the situation, what happened?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Use what as a dog kennel? The concrete pad? The fence? How does one use a concrete pad or a fence as a dog kennel?

Are you being intentionally obtuse or do you not know what a dog kennel is? A dog kennel is an enclosure where you keep dogs. It has four walls that are usual chain link fence and is placed on (most times) on a concrete pad to prevent the dogs from digging under the fence and to facilitate the clean up of defecation and urination . It could also use an existing fence on one side which seems to be the situation here.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Who complained? Complained about what??
    Here again, are you being intentionally obtuse or do you not understand plain English? Obviously it was the OP that complained. And the complaint was about the health issue, the encroachment issue on the property line, the side yard setback ordinances in the zoning.

1. Sponsored Links