Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Search and Seizure

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    You cannot charge anyone with a crime. Only the District Attorney can charge someone with a crime. You obviously do not understand the basics of how our legal system works.
    I have nothing but contempt for the legal system. It tries to sound technical and logical, but it fails at both. I can program in multiple programming languages and use real logic. The court stuff? Legalese nonsense for less-than smart people. I've actually shared this story before, but I had two friends that became lawyers. One failed at becoming a programmer first. The other failed at becoming a mathematician. Their idiotic sophistry works well as lawyers, however. Heh, now I have a friend that failed at becoming an actor... also becoming a lawyer now. She's very intelligent, however. She'll do well I'm sure.

Whatever I did, I filed an assault report. Does that meet your requirements? I filled out a document from the police department that depicted that the orthopedic doctor severely hurt me, seemingly on purpose.

Quote Quoting LegalWriter
    View Post
    If you are on MH diversion, the court could impose a search condition as a term of the diversion.
    That's not what my lawyer told me, however. Whatever the courts did, they're like rapists; Just force people to do things they don't want to do. My psychiatrist hates the courts, and has been giving me the run around with legal documents she's supposed to fill out. I wasn't even able to give the courts one last time. Forcing people to fill stuff like that out? Pathetic.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    READ the TRO/CPO ... it will tell you if there are search conditions in it or not. I have never in my life and career (going on 30 years) heard of search conditions in a TRO/CPO, and I cannot find any authorizing law in the relevant code sections. That doesn't mean that my 2 minute read is an in-depth review of the subject, and I'd be curious if it such a condition is actually there or not.
    I passed over this because I was mad at you, and I didn't think you had value, but I gave you another chance since you liked that motto. I like it too, but I find your perspective strange. In my world, if someone is sending me more emails than I wish to see? I would simply setup a filter that sent all their emails to a folder. I could just block them, but I might get curious what they're saying sometime. It's a very easy and simple solution, that takes me less than 10 seconds and costs no one money. The judge's method? It creates grief everywhere. They sent a huge line of cop cars and a helicopter at me, which disrupted the whole neighborhood. They upset my room mate, causing her many trips to the jail from another county. They upset my mom, wondering where I had gone. They exposed me to disease, and I went through withdrawal from my medication in the jail because they would not supply it. They gave me a outrageous bail, and they proved to me that they are pathetic bullies.

In my world, this is not a big issue. Someone yelling at you in an email isn't even something I'd blink at. We are given a plethora of tools to get rid of people we don't wish to talk to. The judge never asked me to stop, never talked to me, and my first contact over it is a giant waste of resources. I wake up to a line of cop cars. There is just something superbly wrong with that. I really wasn't trying to make it about the annoying phone calls charge. I was trying to make it about the violation of the 4th amendment. That's what I don't understand, and what I'm curious about. I'm unable to read any documents. I've never been supplied anything. The DA refused to give me anything until I got my lawyer, and my lawyer has not given me any legal documents depicting my situation either.

As far as self control goes, I have it more than most of humanity. :P You think I don't want to knock the doctor's head off that hurt me severely, which lead me to all of this? I haven't gone near the guy because I know better. One doesn't need self control not to vent. They should vent, so they don't do something worse.

But that's where individual freedom exists. It's when I can talk, and you can choose to ignore it. the ultimate amount of freedom exists when our freedoms cease where hurting another person begins... which is interpreted by many different people in many different manners. Maybe the judge isn't smart enough to use her mail client? Is that my fault?

So if we were to make a harassment score... I'm like 1. The DA/courts/jail etc has at least 1 million and going. 1 million to 1. The DA has harassed my mom more than I've harassed anyone. They've harassed my room mate more. The legal system upset the whole neighborhood, and all for something that, in my county? It's not even a thing. The cops would tell them to block the email. I know this for a fact. OTOH, that might be what Sacramento does if it's not a judge being a big baby.

Yeah, I think I'm getting outa the charges, if not? *shrugs* I'll go to court, and the DA can harass 12 more people over it... make them miss out on their jobs and families, all the read my emails, that were meant for one person. the DA's harassment score might reach one billion. Boy, can't they brag.

Quote Quoting twindle
    View Post
    I passed over this because I was mad at you, and I didn't think you had value, but I gave you another chance since you liked that motto. I like it too, but I find your perspective strange. In my world, if someone is sending me more emails than I wish to see? I would simply setup a filter that sent all their emails to a folder.
    Your world is not necessarily the real world. And, assuming you sent your messages to the judge's public email address, she may not have the capability (personally or through their server) to block anyone. Nor should she have to.

An intent to harass or annoy can be inferred based upon the content and the repetition - particularly if the receiving party informed you to stop the communication. None of us know whether the state has enough evidence to prevail at trial or not. We haven't seen the content of the messages nor the number and time frame in which they were sent. But, it should be a wake up call that your emotions can cause you real-world legal issues.

I was trying to make it about the violation of the 4th amendment. That's what I don't understand, and what I'm curious about. I'm unable to read any documents. I've never been supplied anything. The DA refused to give me anything until I got my lawyer, and my lawyer has not given me any legal documents depicting my situation either.
    You should have been provided a copy of any restraining order when it was served. If a criminal protective order, it would have been entered into the record and read to you in court. A copy should be available to you - ask your attorney. If he won't give you a copy of anything, then that might explain a few things - especially in light of the fact that you admit to some mental health issues and that you might be getting out of this through some sort of mental health diversion.

Yeah, I think I'm getting outa the charges, if not? *shrugs* I'll go to court, and the DA can harass 12 more people over it... make them miss out on their jobs and families, all the read my emails, that were meant for one person. the DA's harassment score might reach one billion. Boy, can't they brag.
    But, you're the one who will face the possibility of jail time, probation, and fines. Those 12 people might be bored for a couple of days. Then they won't have to be subject to jury duty for another couple of years or so. For them, this sort of 1 or 2 day trial would be worth it if it means they get to avoid a homicide or more serious offense that could tie them up for days or weeks!
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Your world is not necessarily the real world. And, assuming you sent your messages to the judge's public email address, she may not have the capability (personally or through their server) to block anyone. Nor should she have to.
    I'm actually very tech savvy. I think I made that obvious already. Anyway, not only do I know what her client is, and that her client is capable of it, I also know that it had a bug that I told Microsoft about. I also informed the DA of an alternative way of going about it due to such a bug. :_) So I guess I can be a little forgiving. Perhaps she tried it the buggy way and then gave up, and made a giant mess of society instead. Her normal thing to do as far as I can tell.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    An intent to harass or annoy can be inferred based upon the content and the repetition - particularly if the receiving party informed you to stop the communication. None of us know whether the state has enough evidence to prevail at trial or not. We haven't seen the content of the messages nor the number and time frame in which they were sent. But, it should be a wake up call that your emotions can cause you real-world legal issues.
    I already said this, but I already made it clear that no one communicated anything of stopping contacting the judge. You really love to harp on this topic, and yet it's not even the topic for why I'm here. I could argue with you endlessly, and make all sorts of good points that I've made to my lawyer. The fact remains that it doesn't matter to me. Also, my issue with arguing with legal people is that most lack any ability to think abstractly, so it's vexing. I've considered it with you, but I can't tell if you can or not.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    You should have been provided a copy of any restraining order when it was served. If a criminal protective order, it would have been entered into the record and read to you in court. A copy should be available to you - ask your attorney. If he won't give you a copy of anything, then that might explain a few things - especially in light of the fact that you admit to some mental health issues and that you might be getting out of this through some sort of mental health diversion.
    No protective order was read to me in court. I have depression with AH started since I got hurt by the doctor. I'm not like, belonging in an insane asylum. I would have been willing to go to one though just to get access to a psychiatrist when I couldn't.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    But, you're the one who will face the possibility of jail time, probation, and fines. Those 12 people might be bored for a couple of days. Then they won't have to be subject to jury duty for another couple of years or so. For them, this sort of 1 or 2 day trial would be worth it if it means they get to avoid a homicide or more serious offense that could tie them up for days or weeks!
    I've already been in jail for a total of like 7 days. I told people I know not to bail me out, and then my mom found me in jail and did it. I actually reported a bunch of things wrong with the jail and thought I was being listened to. Alas, they only listened to me about the withdrawal from my prescribed medication because they got hit with a 100 million dollar lawsuit over the inhumane conditions. If jail manages not to put me in another cell with blood on the toilet seat, with nothing but toilet paper and water to clean it, and if I don't go through withdrawal from my medications, I'm pretty ok with jail anyway. It's kind of boring, but it's better than going to court.

One reason I'd prefer I didn't end up with the crap in my record is because it'll get in my way of becoming an MRI technologist. They make you go through an appeal process to become a MRI technologist if you have anything in your record. So I dunno, it's like they just want to throw crap in your record until your only career path is criminal? Seems pretty daft to me. I'm a bad man, I sent some emails.

The amount of damage the courts do to society pretending to be good is ridiculous, and you know what? I like to think most cops are above that. I tend to say that the cops are the brains and the brawn of the law, but you act just as petty and stupid as the courts sometimes. Like, you really think this annoying phone calls stuff is a valid reason for 20k bail and constant harassment of me, my family, and my friends. Are you really this retarded, or are you just acting like it on a law forum? Because I tend to get along with cops... I'll call one or two a scumbag from time to time. They can't all be great. I know you annoy me a lot, and you act like you're a freedom loving person, but you smell like a god fearing, authority wanking dweeb that became a cop to compensate for his penis size. Like, a protector type has no reason to harp over such a stupid charge.

Edit: Plus I think you recall me from the past. You keep hinting at my diagnosis that started some stuff. Now I have a real psychiatrist and everything. I've been properly diagnosed... there is no out of touch reality shit going on here. I have AH, but I know my AH from reality.

Carl, don't judge's assistants read judges public emails ? If/when there is something the judge needs to be made aware of the assistant informs the judge.

View Post
    Carl, don't judge's assistants read judges public emails ? If/when there is something the judge needs to be made aware of the assistant informs the judge.
    The topic of this thread is supposed to be about search and seizure, and the 4th amendment. Details were shared about other things so people understood the context, but no one is actually addressing the actual topic at all. They just want to keep up with the email nonsense. I don't care about the email nonsense beyond stating this clearly: No threats were made. Can we move away from the stupid emails, and the baby, retarded, judge?

Edit: Some questions that interest me:

1. Why didn't the cop see it in my record if it's there?
    2. How would it be added to the protective order?
    3. Why isn't it a violation of the 4th amendment?

You're not the good guy when you take a guy that sent non-threatening emails to a judge, and put him in a system full of disease, where he goes through withdrawals from his prescribed medication despite people on the outside making a big stir about it, and me on the inside, flying a kite. Such a withdrawal can even cause psychosis. Where he is exposed to blood on a toilet seat with nothing but toilet paper and water to "clean it". That makes you the bad guy. It's up to you if you're scummy enough to condone that situation. Otherwise STFU.

Quote Quoting twindle
    View Post
    I'm actually very tech savvy. I think I made that obvious already. Anyway, not only do I know what her client is, and that her client is capable of it, I also know that it had a bug that I told Microsoft about. I also informed the DA of an alternative way of going about it due to such a bug. :_) So I guess I can be a little forgiving. Perhaps she tried it the buggy way and then gave up, and made a giant mess of society instead. Her normal thing to do as far as I can tell.
    You might be tech savvy, but that doesn't mean that the judge is. It also doesn't mean that the court's software or admin will permit blocking email. Public agencies tend to also have policies that prohibit their restricting public access to them absent extraordinary circumstances.

I had a local paper that published all the department issued cell phone numbers in the paper, and the private numbers subsidized by public funds. As a result we dumped the phones and the city stopped paying for them because the devices became useless and also resulted in undue harassment and crank calls.

In any event, the law does not require the recipient of said annoying messages (i.e. harassment) to try and block them. And, the onus should not be on the victim in any event.

I already said this, but I already made it clear that no one communicated anything of stopping contacting the judge. You really love to harp on this topic, and yet it's not even the topic for why I'm here. I could argue with you endlessly, and make all sorts of good points that I've made to my lawyer. The fact remains that it doesn't matter to me. Also, my issue with arguing with legal people is that most lack any ability to think abstractly, so it's vexing. I've considered it with you, but I can't tell if you can or not.
    You can disagree all you ant, and even think I'm obtuse. But, the law does not have to conform to YOUR way of thinking. It just does not. You do not have to agree with the application of the law for it to be in effect. As I said, I cannot say whether or not the state can meet the burden of proof, but experience tells me that a large number of emails is sufficient for a conviction. But, it will depend upon the content of the messages as well as the time frame. I suspect if you berated, insulted, and cursed out the judge that they will easily fall into the section of PC 653m.

One reason I'd prefer I didn't end up with the crap in my record is because it'll get in my way of becoming an MRI technologist.
    I do not believe that PC 653m is a disqualifying conviction for any medical licensing.

View Post
    If the email is sent to the court (a shared address, or a general address), sure. But, if they go to the judge herself, not likely. The judges I know read their own emails. But, I only have a close, personal relationship with a handful of Superior Court judges (and none in the Sacramento County Court) so I clearly cannot speak for all of them.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post

You can disagree all you ant, and even think I'm obtuse. But, the law does not have to conform to YOUR way of thinking. It just does not. You do not have to agree with the application of the law for it to be in effect. As I said, I cannot say whether or not the state can meet the burden of proof, but experience tells me that a large number of emails is sufficient for a conviction. But, it will depend upon the content of the messages as well as the time frame. I suspect if you berated, insulted, and cursed out the judge that they will easily fall into the section of PC 653m.
    While I did insult her, I was also venting and attempting to convey how messed up the whole situation was. Insulting her was part of venting. Anyway, I really don't care about it, like I said. I've also insulted you. As far as the law goes, it depends on the county a lot. I've done far worse to a neighbor in San Joaquin county, and the cops told the neighbor to put me on ignore. They didn't even come and talk to me about it. I was waiting because I had my own grievances. A cop in my county even thinks the Sacramento courts just make up their own laws. *shrugs* Regardless of how a jury decided, I would still call it dumb. Right isn't dictated by what a herd of sheep think.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    I do not believe that PC 653m is a disqualifying conviction for any medical licensing.
    It requires an appeal process to get certified with any misdemeanor. If it wasn't for that, I might have just pleaded guilty to get the idiots off my back.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3