My question involves criminal law for the state of: California. I'm seriously considering moving out-of-state to finish college, but I'm on two years summary probation for a hit-and-run accident last year (I had a separate thread in the Traffic Law section on that.) My probation terms were just stay out of trouble, but if I'm on unsupervised probation, can I leave the state for any length of time or reason? I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask the court about it.

And also, if I want to get this dismissed, what is the best (or least-worst) option to do so?
1: Start it as soon as tomorrow
2: Go for it after a year on probation goes by (which will be in December for me)
3: Just wait the two years out.