Default Will the Cops Be After Me

My question involves criminal law for the state of: VA

I am a graduate student in college and recently I was really drunk and out at the bars. I honestly had never been this intoxicated before but I was out with a few friends and the bars shut down so we left and went to a nearby convenience store. It was around 2am so the convenience store was no longer able to sell alcohol. Anyways my friends and I decided to steal some alcohol from the back while the only store attendant there was busy with another customer up front. I am fairly sure he didn't see me and I even went back into the store to buy some food and the attendant didn't mention anything about the theft. Anyways I woke up and felt awful about the situation, I am normally a solid citizen and have never stolen from a store before in my life, or committed any other crimes. I wish I could go back and pay for the items (which was only around $10) but I know that will just make it worse. Now I am paranoid they might have looked back at the security footage and seen me take the items and might send it over to the police. Does anyone know the odds of a store calling the cops after the fact? What should I do? I know my actions were extremely dumb and I have no intention of doing this ever again.

Default Re: Will the Cops Be After Me

An attorney would tell you to shut up and say nothing to anyone. Odds are that it won't go any further, but you should probably stay out of that convenience store for the foreseeable future.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    An attorney would tell you to shut up and say nothing to anyone. Odds are that it won't go any further, but you should probably stay out of that convenience store for the foreseeable future.
    You should also watch how much you drink. Know when to stop drinking and stop. Being drunk is no excuse for breaking the law. Next time you might not be so lucky.

Quote Quoting lasterman
    View Post
    Does anyone know the odds of a store calling the cops after the fact? What should I do?
    Sporting events and gambling games have odds. There are no odds on something like this, and no one here will be able to predict intelligently the likelihood of something happened. Stay away from the store, don't get shitfaced, keep your nose clean, and consider yourself fortunate.

1. Sponsored Links