Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Changing Employee Classification

Thanks for all the responses. I had tried posting another question before this one on my non-compete agreement. It said it needed to go to moderator approval first. Should I keep waiting for it to appear or re-create it?

Did you post the non-compete itself? With identifying information? That's probably why it went to a mod...

That said, why don't you try just posting a question about the non-compete?

Just one clarification, any change to non-exempt should be one that is meant to be permanent. Every employee can be paid in a non-exempt manner regardless of salary and duties - there is no law that FORCES an employer to make an employee exempt.....it's the employer who decidest to take the exemption for an employee. Once they do, they should not switch back and forth. And that's the major issue here...the change back and forth for the employER's benefit.

Quote Quoting MrsDeuce
    View Post
    She's an accountant.
    Is she truly an accountant or is she really a bookkeeper? It does make a difference.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Is she truly an accountant or is she really a bookkeeper? It does make a difference.
    I agree, it does, although I suspect that most bookkeepers aren't paid 60K per year. Also she is a "billable" person - most billables in this area (finance) would be accountants, not bookkeepers.

So to answer a previous question - yes, she is absolutely an accountant and not a bookkeeper.
    I really appreciate the feedback from everybody.

I tried posting a question again on my non-compete agreement and it went to mod again. I am obviously doing something wrong. I don't think I'm saying anything that would be considered identifying information. The closest I come is saying which major metropolitan area I'm in. 🤷

Quote Quoting MrsDeuce
    View Post
    So to answer a previous question - yes, she is absolutely an accountant and not a bookkeeper.
    I really appreciate the feedback from everybody.

I tried posting a question again on my non-compete agreement and it went to mod again. I am obviously doing something wrong. I don't think I'm saying anything that would be considered identifying information. The closest I come is saying which major metropolitan area I'm in. ��
    Did you link anything? That might do it as well.

Bud, if you are unhappy with the way the board is working, you'll find the way out just where you found the way in.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Bud, if you are unhappy with the way the board is working, you'll find the way out just where you found the way in.
    like button

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2