The law states:
CHAPTER 6. Turning and Stopping and Turning Signals [22100 - 22113]

**( Chapter 6 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

22100.**
Except as provided in Section 22100.5 or 22101, the driver of any vehicle intending to turn upon a highway shall do so as follows:

(a)*Right Turns. Both the approach for a right-hand turn and a right-hand turn shall be made as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except:

(1)*Upon a highway having three marked lanes for traffic moving in one direction that terminates at an intersecting highway accommodating traffic in both directions, the driver of a vehicle in the middle lane may turn right into any lane lawfully available to traffic moving in that direction upon the roadway being entered.

(2)*If a right-hand turn is made from a one-way highway at an intersection, a driver shall approach the turn as provided in this subdivision and shall complete the turn in any lane lawfully available to traffic moving in that direction upon the roadway being entered.

(3)*Upon a highway having an additional lane or lanes marked for a right turn by appropriate signs or markings, the driver of a vehicle may turn right from any lane designated and marked for that turning movement.

Situation:
I was waiting in the right turn lane at a red light on a one way street. When the light turned green, I made the right onto another one way street, however there was three lanes and I made a wide right in order to end up in the left most lane. I feel like this is an example of situation 2 where I would have had the right to choose any of the three lanes to complete my turn into. I am not sure if I am allowed to disclose the intersection, but the officer happened to incorrectly label one of the street. The diagram depicts the turn from west to south, but from the incorrectly labeled intersection this would have led into oncoming traffic so it was probably just an honest mistake.

I dont know how to contest this ticket and what my approach should be. Was I in the right and how would I bring up the incorrectly stated intercection if needed? Would I need to speak with the judge or a prosecutor? I just want to be prepared for the procedure and know what to expect. Admittedly, it was a wide right turn and the lines for the right turn lane seems to only include the middle and right lane, but as I read the law it seems like I should be able to go to the leftmost one as I did.

Thank you for any help