Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default On the Legality of Employer Mandated Microchipping

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: New York and U.S.A. in general

Recently I was made aware that a company in Wisconsin has had employees volunteer to implant microchips into their hands in the areas between thumb and forefinger. These chips are said to only contain an RFID device or coding to aid employees in opening certain doors in their facility as well as purchasing items from an on location vending machine. It sounds like something from a bad sci-fi conspiracy theory movie, but this is reality.

Although in this instance the microchips were taken voluntarily by the employees, I was curious to know what legislation exists surrounding the possibility that one day a company might think to mandate the implantation of such devices in their employees. Are there laws in place already that would effectively block such an action by an employer?

Thank you for any insight you may offer.

Default Re: On the Legality of Employer Mandated Microchipping

Quote Quoting RogueScholar
    View Post

I was curious to know what legislation exists surrounding the possibility that one day a company might think to mandate the implantation of such devices in their employees. Are there laws in place already that would effectively block such an action by an employer?
    No, there is no legislation or laws that would prevent an employer from requiring you to have the implant. It is no different than using an access card to get through an limited access door.

To insert a device such as that without the person's consent would be covered under the various assault laws.

There is no law that I know of that would make it against the law to require an employee to have such a chip or get fired. I have little doubt that should such ever happen there will be screaming for laws to make it illegal.

But people do seem to be all for reductions in individual rights these days.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    To insert a device such as that without the person's consent would be covered under the various assault laws.

How exactly would that work? They tie the employee down and insert the device? Do you see how ridiculous that statement is?

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    How exactly would that work? They tie the employee down and insert the device? Do you see how ridiculous that statement is?
    budwad you really need to learn to read for context.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    budwad you really need to learn to read for context.
    like button

Tell me how an employer implants a chip without the employee's permission. What content am I missing?

I doubt any such laws exist in any state.

Looks like I will have to talk to my local lawmakers. The repercussions to individual liberties and personal health are too great to let the threat of Mandated Chipping go unanswered. It sets a dangerous precedent when an employer can demand an employee make physical changes to the employee's body to profit the company. Where exactly would that end? Things to consider medically: metal allergies - like allergies to gold and silver, rejection of the implant by the body, any part of a plastic, metal, and silicon microchip fragmenting and migrating within the body causing tissue damage. There are probably more than just that. Although I wonder if harassment and discrimination laws might apply. To Christians this would fall under the Mark of the Beast, I believe there are other religions that prohibit body modifications. And then to tell someone "let us inject you with a chip or you're fired," might fall under "Quid Pro Quo" harassment?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast