Default Why 4000a and 5204a on the Same Ticket

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: California. I was ticketed for Expired Registration/Incomplete (marked not correctable), and Expired Year Tags (marked yes correctable).
    I understand the incomplete, my fees are paid but need repair for smog. But expired tags too??? Does that not fall under the registration expired Vc?

Default Re: Why 4000a and 5204a on the Same Ticket

Quote Quoting Smartiepanties
    View Post
    My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: California. I was ticketed for Expired Registration/Incomplete (marked not correctable), and Expired Year Tags (marked yes correctable).
    I understand the incomplete, my fees are paid but need repair for smog. But expired tags too??? Does that not fall under the registration expired Vc?
    Registration and tags are different items and offenses. I agree that it is not at all common to charge VC 5204(a) when the registration is expired (I have never done it or seen it done). You might get a court to agree to drop that one in exchange for the registration offense. Though, a thought occurs ... were either the month or the year tabs incorrect? (i.e. false?)

As a note, if you can get the registration completed - and proper tags - by the time you go to court, you may be able to get the court to make this correctable in spite of the officer's indication on the citation.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links