Quote Quoting adjusterjack
View Post
This is why I tell people never to give a contractor money up front. Buy the material yourself, hire the labor, pay as he works (not before). And I would never hire any contractor who doesn't already own his own equipment.

I have dealt with contractors that way for over 40 years and have never been screwed by a contractor.

They are often a little annoyed by the way I do business but, so what, if they want the work (and they often do) they do it my way.

And that's not just for small jobs like painting a couple of rooms. I'm building a $35,000 garage building that way.
Definitely understand and our mistake because we had a deadline. Just spoke to the night shift at the barracks and the desk person told me he is not allowed to talk to me about this case :/ He wouldnít give me the compliant number of the report. This makes me believe there is no complaint and possibly the contractor knows some troopers 🤷*♂️ This whole thing is strange!

Waiting for the original sergeant I spoke to last night to find out why the stories are different. Iíll assume they donít know the laws to well either. Confused why they are even involved in this....

TY

Quote Quoting budwad
View Post
The state trooper has not more authority then I do. And it's questionable as to what involvement a state trooper would have in this situation. This is a question for a state prosecutor.

Anything brought through the threshold of a house and left there is the property of the homeowner and cannot be removed without their permission or an order of the court. The contractor may own the scaffolding but if in dispute, can not remove it without permission or an order. It is the possession of the homeowner.

That is why prudent contractors leave nothing in a home when they leave for the day of work if they have any sense.
Would you happen to know the code for this law or where O can find it to reply to the ransom law next time the trooper sites it to me? Thnx