Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: First 223568 Vc1 Ticket with $238 Without Correction- Best Resolution for Wife

I don't know if this is still the case, or if it would be convenient for O/P, but one used to be able to do community service in lieu of paying most of the fine.

Default Re: First 223568 Vc1 Ticket with $238 Without Correction- Best Resolution for Wife

Quote Quoting zeljo
    View Post
    I don't know if this is still the case, or if it would be convenient for O/P, but one used to be able to do community service in lieu of paying most of the fine.
    Yes, it is still an option, though not all counties have this as an option. The resources necessary to utilize this program can be pricey so a number of counties have dropped it, or they reserve it for truly needy cases. But, it's worth an ask if there's no other choice.

https://www.courts.ca.gov/8452.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

thanks

thanks for the info

thanks for the info

Thanks for the clarification. We need to think for the long term and cut losses. there is also the phobia for the court room and pre arraignment anxiety as we are suffering now.

I thank all that have contributed opinion on my post. Sorry if I missed a direct acknowledgement or appreciation to your reply. I hope you will accept this reply in it's place. I also thank the site owners and partners for making this forum available.

This is just an update. We have considered the options as advised and weighed on the fact that it has been a source of worry for my wife. We have never been inside a court room and do not want to see it ever if possible. We had to look for the money and have paid the fine and my wife has just completed an online course with a DMV licensed provider for $5 (impressive) which she passed. It was a great relief (Phew). I hope this is the end of the matter and closure. The case was to be heard early in November. Is there anything else that we need to do???

Be sure that she gets any disposition documents in writing. Something that says that fines have been paid and any other requirements have been completed. I have heard stories of payments and traffic school completion that never got filed properly with the court, and the debt or FTA re-emerged years later,. So, get any documents showing the matter has been completed and save them someplace secure.

Like you, I prefer to just take care of these things rather than spend a lot of time tilting at windmills or railing against the machine.

Good luck.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2