Default Pressler Information Subpoena

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: New Jersey
    I just received a letter from Pressler, Felt and Warshaw, L.L.P. It refers to a INFORMATION SUBPOENA. It states NJ court rule 6:6-3 (e). They have entered a judgement against me in the amount of $990.90. Stating NJ court rule 6:7-2 (b) (1) it says I should complete the enclosed Information Subpoena questions which of course want all of my personal information especially income and assets. I know someone who did something wrong with Pressler and they Used contempt to issue a warrant. Sheriffs came but he was not there. He made out ok because he is a disabled vet in a VA facility so they backed off. Should I fill this out? I don't have many assets. I'm retired and don't make a lot of money. I am co-owner of a couple of cars. What should I do?

Default Re: Pressler Information Subpoena

Quote Quoting selgae
    View Post
    My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: New Jersey
    I just received a letter from Pressler, Felt and Warshaw, L.L.P. It refers to a INFORMATION SUBPOENA. It states NJ court rule 6:6-3 (e). They have entered a judgement against me in the amount of $990.90. Stating NJ court rule 6:7-2 (b) (1) it says I should complete the enclosed Information Subpoena questions which of course want all of my personal information especially income and assets. I know someone who did something wrong with Pressler and they Used contempt to issue a warrant. Sheriffs came but he was not there. He made out ok because he is a disabled vet in a VA facility so they backed off. Should I fill this out? I don't have many assets. I'm retired and don't make a lot of money. I am co-owner of a couple of cars. What should I do?
    They cannot have entered a judgment against you without you being served for the court case. Where you?

Yes, along with there letter with the Information Subpoena there was a letter from Superior Court Of NJ. has a docket number. It states at the top "FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS INFORMATION SUBPOENA MAY RESULT IN YOUR ARREST AND INCARCERATION". I know you cant be incarcerated for owing a credit card debt but they use this tactic and have you arrested for contempt if you do not answer the questions. If I answer the questions will I be given a court date to defend myself?

Quote Quoting selgae
    View Post
    Yes, along with there letter with the Information Subpoena there was a letter from Superior Court Of NJ. has a docket number. It states at the top "FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS INFORMATION SUBPOENA MAY RESULT IN YOUR ARREST AND INCARCERATION". I know you cant be incarcerated for owing a credit card debt but they use this tactic and have you arrested for contempt if you do not answer the questions. If I answer the questions will I be given a court date to defend myself?
    You are not answering the question I asked you. You said that they "entered a judgement". That means that they sued you, won, and got a judgment. Were you served for the lawsuit that granted them the judgment or not?

Quote Quoting selgae
    View Post
    I just received a letter from [a law firm]. It refers to a INFORMATION SUBPOENA.
    Refers to? Or encloses the subpoena?

Quote Quoting selgae
    View Post
    Should I fill this out? . . . What should I do?
    If you've been served with an information subpoena, then you should comply with the applicable rules or risk sanctions for failing to do so.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    You are not answering the question I asked you.
    Maybe that's because the question you asked was largely incoherent:

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Where you?

Sorry for not understanding. According to the letter which contained the Information Subpoena "the entry of judgement against you which became effective on September 18, 2019, in the amount of $900.90, which includes costs. As of the date of this letter, the amount currently owed on the judgement balance is 958.08....." So yes, I was sued and they got a judgement. I just recall getting any paperwork regarding the judgement delivered to my residence. I have a lot on "my plate" so I may have overlooked the judgement.

the info. subpoena was inclosed

1. Sponsored Links