Default How Do I Know if a Sibling is Seeking Power of Attorney Over Elderly Parent

My question involves a person located in the state of: Texas

Son 1 and his early-dementia mother live in one Texas county. Son 2 lives in another Texas county and may be seeking power of attorney in his local court.
    How does Son 1 find out about this and possibly intervene?
    Do siblings have to be informed prior to a decision?

Default Re: How Do I Know if a Sibling is Seeking Power of Attorney Over Elderly Parent

Quote Quoting texian
    View Post
    My question involves a person located in the state of: Texas

Son 1 and his early-dementia mother live in one Texas county. Son 2 lives in another Texas county and may be seeking power of attorney in his local court.
    How does Son 1 find out about this and possibly intervene?
    Do siblings have to be informed prior to a decision?
    He cannot seek power of attorney in court. Power of attorney is only something that your mother can voluntarily give to him, and only if she is of sound enough mind to legally consent. He can try to get guardianship of her in court, but he cannot do it in his county, he has to do it in the county where she resides, and she has to be given the right to defend herself against that.

As far as finding out whether or not he has filed a case, you can call up the court clerk in the county where he resides and ask how to find out if a guardianship case has been filed. Its very possible that there is an online site to look up such things. If he has filed a case, then you hire an attorney to help your mother fight it and help you to intervene.

Default Re: How Do I Know if a Sibling is Seeking Power of Attorney Over Elderly Parent

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    I am not the only person who wishes that you would stop doing that.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I am not the only person who wishes that you would stop doing that.
    Well whoop-dee-frickin'-doo.

Seems like quite a reasonable way to pull all the information together, to me. What's wrong with it?

1. Sponsored Links