Default Signed a Contract to Sell House

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Tennessee is there a grace period to cancel a signed contract

Default Re: Signed a Contract to Sell House

What does the contract say about canceling?

Quote Quoting Just checking
    View Post
    My question involves real estate located in the State of: Tennessee is there a grace period to cancel a signed contract
    If you are the seller there isn't one. If you are the buyer their likely isn't one and if there happens to be it would only be 3 days.

Quote Quoting Just checking
    View Post
    is there a grace period to cancel a signed contract [to sell a house]
    The general rule is that, once formed, a contract cannot be cancelled except by mutual agreement of all parties. The primary exception to this general rule is if the contract gives one or both/all parties the right to cancel. There are also some consumer situations in which the law provides for a right to cancel, but none of those would apply to a contract for the sale of a house. Keep in mind, however, that contracts for the sale of real property often include multiple contingencies.

1. Sponsored Links