Default Found and Old Deed That Was Willed to Me. There is a Easment Deed with It. the Land H

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Ohio
    I recently Found an old Property deed that was thought to be lost. It was willed to me and there is an easement deed with it. The land has since been sold by other family. What can I do?

Default Re: Found and Old Deed That Was Willed to Me. There is a Easment Deed with It. the La

Quote Quoting Dude4Thewater
    View Post
    I recently Found an old Property deed that was thought to be lost. It was willed to me and there is an easement deed with it. The land has since been sold by other family. What can I do?
    The other family sold the land that had been willed to you? Or, sold the land that contained the easement?

Default Re: Found and Old Deed That Was Willed to Me. There is a Easment Deed with It. the La

Further, how long ago was the property "sold"?

View Post
    Do about what?

What's your goal here?

I'm confident that you can do lots of things.

Is that really what you intended to ask?

If you have a more coherent question, you should clarify the relevant facts. Among other things:

How old is the old deed?
    Who are the grantor and grantee on the deed?
    Who thought it was lost?
    When you say, "it was willed to me," what does "it" refer to?
    Who willed it to you?
    When did he/she die?
    Was his/her estate probated?
    Is probate still open?
    What is the relevance of the "easement deed"?
    What do you mean that the land has since been sold by "other family"?
    How did "other family" acquire title so as to be able to sell the property?
    When did the sale happen?
    What is it that you're seeking to accomplish?

I am guessing that the OP has a piece on landlocked property that he/she inherited and could not do anything with it because it was landlocked. I suspect that the "other family" are other people who also inherited from the same deceased person. I suspect that someone researched past deeds and found the easement in question.

However, until the OP comes back and answers the questions that have been asked, my guess is merely a guess. Either the OP doesn't realize how active this forum is, or the OP is never coming back at all.

It appears that Dude4 has left the building declining to provide pressing particulars shedding light on of his alleged "inheritance". In the least he might have explained how he managed to know that an "old property deed" was missing before it was discovered not missing.

The last a scenario I recall in which an old property deed was central to the plot was in the Marx Brothers 1940 flick "Go West" on the back of which Chico inadvertently wrote an IOU for ten cents and gave to the bad guy saloon keeper in payment of a mug of beer scarfed and quaffed by Harpo.

I guess none of you have knowledge of a pocket or drawer deed.

View Post
    A deed is valid not when it is recorded but when it is delivered to the grantee. This can be many years after the transfer. The fact that this property was willed to OP muddies the waters but he/she still may have rights to the property.

I suggest that you take all the documentation to a local attorney and have them tell you what your right are regarding the ownership of the property.

We don't have nearly enough information to tell you if you rights to the property.

I'm not sure what your focus on the easement is all about.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I am guessing that the OP has a piece on landlocked property that he/she inherited and could not do anything with it because it was landlocked. I suspect that the "other family" are other people who also inherited from the same deceased person. I suspect that someone researched past deeds and found the easement in question.
    What in OP's post gives you that impression?

1. Sponsored Links