Default Ex Lied About Daycare Cost

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: New York

My ex sent me a bill from my sons daycare and the bill said it cost $1995. Upon receipt of the bill before I submitted it to my flex spending for dependent care I called the daycare to see if I could get an invoice with all the important information that my flex spending administrator would need on a receipt. It turns out the total bill was only $853 more than a thousand dollars less. Just wondering what if any legal recourse Id have in holding her accountable for attempting to steal money from me be it family law or criminal law. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.

Default Re: Ex Lied About Daycare Cost

Quote Quoting Ozzytke
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: New York

My ex sent me a bill from my sons daycare and the bill said it cost $1995. Upon receipt of the bill before I submitted it to my flex spending for dependent care I called the daycare to see if I could get an invoice with all the important information that my flex spending administrator would need on a receipt. It turns out the total bill was only $853 more than a thousand dollars less. Just wondering what if any legal recourse I’d have in holding her accountable for attempting to steal money from me be it family law or criminal law. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.
    How do you know that she didn't already pay part of it to the daycare and was expecting reimbursement from you?

Quote Quoting Ozzytke
    View Post
    Just wondering what if any legal recourse I’d have in holding her accountable for attempting to steal money from me
    "Attempting."

Meaning she didn't actually succeed.

No harm, no foul. Get over it. Just make sure you verify everything before you pay from now on.

Make a written record of this. Send her something in writing explaining what you explained here and ask her to explain herself. If she doesn't give you what you consider to be a reasonable explanation, then you'll have ammunition to impugn her credibility if you and she end up back in court over something like this in the future.

1. Sponsored Links