Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: California Tow from Private Lot with Pets Inside

Knowing the towing companies out there, I truly wouldn't put it past them to tow any car. I kind of doubt they look too closely honestly especially on a dark and stormy night. If the dogs were on the floor sleeping, etc or a child was sleeping a car seat, I could see them missing it. Glad my state protects both pets and kids and has laws against endangering animals and children by leaving them unattended in cars (whether hot/cold/stormy/dark, etc).

I didn't go deep into this citation, but it seems that CA also has a law on that "As a result, it is illegal to leave a pet unattended in a motor vehicle under California Penal Code Section 597.7 PC."

Quote Quoting hr for me
    View Post
    (and I am assuming the car windows were completely closed since it was a "dark and stormy night"!
    And in a bad area...
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting hr for me
    View Post
    I didn't go deep into this citation, but it seems that CA also has a law on that "As a result, it is illegal to leave a pet unattended in a motor vehicle under California Penal Code Section 597.7 PC."
    You should have read the statute because you left out a major part of it. It's not illegal to leave a pet unattended in a motor vehicle. It's illegal to do so if it places the pet in danger.

(a) A person shall not leave or confine an animal in any unattended motor vehicle under conditions that endanger the health or well-being of an animal due to heat, cold, lack of adequate ventilation, or lack of food or water, or other circumstances that could reasonably be expected to cause suffering, disability, or death to the animal.
    Not to beat a dead horse.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...7.&lawCode=PEN

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2