Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How to Keep Copies of Important Emails

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    While your post tangentially mentions some hypothetical "legal purposes," your post does not otherwise raise any legal issue and might be better suited to a forum about IT issues.

That said, one rather obvious solution would be to save the emails on a hard drive or flash drive. If nothing else, you can print them as PDFs and save them.

That's great for short emails that don't have attachments but is otherwise absurdly cumbersome.

Adequate for what purpose?
    I love the snipping tool. I don't find it cumbersome at all. In fact, I keep it open all the time so that I can use it anytime I want.

The snipping tool saves as an image not text. You lose any links and attachments.

It depends on whether you are using an email program on your computer (like Outlook) or you are using an ISP email service like AOL or Gmail. Some of the ISP providers allow you to archive and download the files and some don't have that function. And even if they do, you still need a program on your computer that can open the archive.

Printing to a PDF file is probably the easiest way to save email in a text format if you are using an ISP service. If using an email program on your computer you simply backup the email file to an external thumb drive or hard drive or a DVD periodically.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    If you have a PC with Windows 7 through 10, use Snipping Tool to capture the image of the email and then save it to the appropriate file. I do that all the time. Very convenient.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...re-screenshots
    Is there any advantage to using this tool over simply printing to a PDF?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2