Question Getting an Order Clarified

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

I currently have visitation orders stating that there will be "reasonable visitation as agreed upon by the parties". There is currently also a domestic violence restraining order in place. It was explained to me by my attorney that it's mostly at my discretion, so if I felt that visitation needed to be supervised it could be. But since it's so vague am I able to file anything to get an order a little more detailed? He was supposed to sign up for a batterers intervention program, which I suspect he hasn't, so I was considering filing for professionally supervised visitation. He doesn't live in the state and has before stated he'd never come out here to see the children but I'd still like to try to have something more specific in place just in case he does.

Default Re: Getting an Order Clarified

You have an attorney. Is there a reason you aren't asking him/her?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You have an attorney. Is there a reason you aren't asking him/her?
    I no longer have an attorney retained in CA.

The wording is vague enough that you could likely get away with whatever you feel comfortable with as long as you are prepared to support your position with evidence if he drags you into court.

If he does you will want to get a lawyer.

Quote Quoting EShear0715
    View Post
    since it's so vague am I able to file anything to get an order a little more detailed?
    The vagueness of the order would be the reason why you'd want to seek something "a little more detailed." Whether sticking with what you've got or seeking a less vague order is better for you is something we're in no position to opine intelligently about.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    The vagueness of the order would be the reason why you'd want to seek something "a little more detailed." Whether sticking with what you've got or seeking a less vague order is better for you is something we're in no position to opine intelligently about.
    I'm sorry if my post seemed hard to understand. What I'm asking is if filing to get an order clarified is something that's possible.

Quote Quoting EShear0715
    View Post
    I'm sorry if my post seemed hard to understand. What I'm asking is if filing to get an order clarified is something that's possible.
    It most certainly is. Though the outcome might or might not be something you are happy with.

Quote Quoting EShear0715
    View Post
    I'm sorry if my post seemed hard to understand.
    It wasn't.

Quote Quoting EShear0715
    View Post
    What I'm asking is if filing to get an order clarified is something that's possible.
    It is (although it sounds more like you want a modification than a clarification).

Quote Quoting EShear0715
    View Post
    Are you will to take the risk that the judge would determine that dad needs fixed visitation in his own state? If not, then you need to leave things alone and not poke the sleeping bear. You also definitely do not want to do anything until the Judge in dad's state officially concedes that CA has jurisdiction over child custody matters.

1. Sponsored Links