Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Reasonable Accommodation

I accepted the OP's definition at face value. I acknowledge that may not be accurate.

And the third option is that after 22 years of service (you must be making a high salary) and the company wants you out and replaced with a lower level employee. They can make your situation uncomfortable without violating any laws in hops that you will leave.

When a company does a top-down purge of high level salaried employees, the handwriting is on the wall. One day they may just discharge you.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    And the third option is that after 22 years of service (you must be making a high salary) and the company wants you out and replaced with a lower level employee. They can make your situation uncomfortable without violating any laws in hops that you will leave.

When a company does a top-down purge of high level salaried employees, the handwriting is on the wall. One day they may just discharge you.

There was literally nothing in the OP's posts that point in that direction. What made you decide to yank that out of your bud?

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Yep, my boss (who had been in the job only about six months) was told to cut $1MM in salaries in the division. I, as a senior engineer with 21 years seniority, was at the top of the list when sorted by salaries and made up 20% of his quota. Of course, they ended up hiring me back as a consultant at four times the price.

One thing I want to mention that I haven't seen is that the employer doesn't have to agree to a specific accommodation, but rather one that works to meet the need that doesn't cause undue hardship.

OP didn't really mention why the move was going to happen, so it's hard to tell if it is valid or not. But in the end, I'd suggest the OP speak with their doctor/therapist regarding other solutions and look into https://askjan.org/disabilities/Anxiety-Disorder.cfm

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post

Except that this is, to use the OP's words, a "county entity". That suggests a county government agency, not a private company. In that case the pay is probably determined by set pay grades. So while the OP's pay may be higher than people in the same job classification with lesser time time in grade (or whatever phrase the county uses) the salary difference between the OP and a newer employee in the same job position may not be all that much. Moreover, the civil service rules may require that the county use a last hired, first fired system if it needs to downsize personnel. In short, if it's a government agency, there may be different dynamics at work here.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    There was literally nothing in the OP's posts that point in that direction. What made you decide to yank that out of your bud?
    You live in a myopic world. I do not. If you can't come up with a reason that this is happening to OP after 22 years of service, I suggest that you are na´ve.

We need your office so we are moving you to a cubical and we are giving you ear plugs to accommodate your disability.

What do you think they are doing? Do you think they are rewarding OP for a job well done or are they trying to make it uncomfortable without breaking any employment laws?

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    You live in a myopic world. I do not. If you can't come up with a reason that this is happening to OP after 22 years of service, I suggest that you are na´ve.

We need your office so we are moving you to a cubical and we are giving you ear plugs to accommodate your disability.

What do you think they are doing? Do you think they are rewarding OP for a job well done or are they trying to make it uncomfortable without breaking any employment laws?
    And you live in one that seems to lack reading comprehension. It does the OP no good to make stuff up to skew a thread to your distorted world view. The OP is a county employee. It is much more likely they have run out of room and need to seat more people in the same amount of space.

Dream on. She is losing her office because they need it for someone else. It's not the same space.

So if you were in OP's shoes and you had to give up your office after 22 years you would just say okeydokey without the slightest apprehension that you were on the way out . I doubt it.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2