Default Restrain Order

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: New York

My daughterís father has begun following me after he drops her off. This is the third time I have caught him doing it. Two of the three times Iíve had witnesses in the car while it happened. It is really annoying how paranoid itís making me every time I get in my car. Is there any legal action I can take to get him to stop?

Default Re: Restrain Order

Quote Quoting Boobie21
    View Post
    My question involves restraining orders in the State of: New York

My daughter’s father has begun following me after he drops her off. This is the third time I have caught him doing it. Two of the three times I’ve had witnesses in the car while it happened. It is really annoying how paranoid it’s making me every time I get in my car. Is there any legal action I can take to get him to stop?
    What do you mean by "following you"? Is there a backstory here?

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    What do you mean by "following you"? Is there a backstory here?
    After I pick up my daughter, he will literally drive directly behind me or as close as he can, in the complete opposite direction of his home. Itís sickening, I look through my rear view mirror and he & his wife are smiling at me. If I pull over on a random street heíll try to pull over a few cars down and wait until I make a move. As for a backstory he was never abusive towards me but the past two years his behavior with me has gotten so horrid. Heíll scream at me with my child in arms, his wife will try to hit me with child in arms. I just Want to know if there are any legal actions I can take to make him stop. I tried to get an order of protection last year when he and his wife threatened to hurt me and my baby ( I was pregnant with my now husband ) but it got denied because there were no weapons involved.

Quote Quoting Boobie21
    View Post
    After I pick up my daughter, he will literally drive directly behind me or as close as he can, in the complete opposite direction of his home. It’s sickening, I look through my rear view mirror and he & his wife are smiling at me. If I pull over on a random street he’ll try to pull over a few cars down and wait until I make a move. As for a backstory he was never abusive towards me but the past two years his behavior with me has gotten so horrid. He’ll scream at me with my child in arms, his wife will try to hit me with child in arms. I just Want to know if there are any legal actions I can take to make him stop. I tried to get an order of protection last year when he and his wife threatened to hurt me and my baby ( I was pregnant with my now husband ) but it got denied because there were no weapons involved.
    What is it that they are trying to accomplish by following you? If his wife is trying to hit you, you should be able to get a restraining order against her. You also should be able to go back to family court and get the judge to order that she not be present at exchanges. However, again, the backstory matters and so far you are not giving it.

Quote Quoting Boobie21
    View Post
    My daughter’s father has begun following me after he drops her off.
    I assume he doesn't drop her off at your home. Correct?

Quote Quoting Boobie21
    View Post
    Is there any legal action I can take to get him to stop?
    You're going to have to give some of the backstory and, at least, explain why he doesn't drop off the kid at your home.

1. Sponsored Links