Default How to Find Owner and Address on Titile in Washington State Dol Records Req

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Washington

Bought a car from a guy who never transferred the title but said he would work it out as soon as he talks to his buddy who HE bought the car from. Well, cant find buddy. I ran an AutoCheck and got a chronological history of the registering and titles - so I have the last and best title "number" - but no contact information. Question, how to get title contact information ?

DOL REcords Request ? Seems to be the Wash equivalent to freedom of information act ? Anyone explain the diff between a bonded title and title in doubt - Anyone explain the process ? thank you !

Default Re: How to Find Owner and Address on Titile in Washington State Dol Records Req

You have a problem. A big problem.

If the guy can't find his buddy why do you think for a second that the owner of the car is at the same address? Or for that matter that he sold the car in the first place. You might want to call the local PD and see if the car is reported stolen.

Then sue the seller.

Default Re: How to Find Owner and Address on Titile in Washington State Dol Records Req

Quote Quoting Biggy
    View Post
    Anyone explain the diff between a bonded title and title in doubt
    A bond is just one of the options when a title is in doubt. Read the statute and you'll understand.

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default....te=308-56A-210

https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420008.pdf

Be thankful that you live in a state that has those options, even with the hoops you have to go through.

Just want to acquire the name and address on the title # I have so I can send the guy a letter ..

After looking it seems WA has a form for this.

https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/224003.pdf

1. Sponsored Links