Default How Long Does It Take to Arrest a Known Bad Actor Caught on Store Video

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Iowa

I haven't had much luck in these forums so far. I'll try something that should be simpler.
    2 related individuals were caught on security video in assault/battery. A truck was parked in front of a dollar general store entrance and a female pushed her way in front at a checkout after the previous payment was apparently concluding and used enough profanity at the payor that the clerk warned her to cease or leave. The payor (myself) pushed past her to the doorway where the woman shouted "that man hit me!". The clerks did nothing and I exited. Police say this much was shown on video. a half dozen steps out the door, the woman exited and began shouting to the truck "he hit me!" The truck driver sat up on the driver side windowsill and accused in the same shouting, adding hate speech threats. Apparently, I was trapped on the walkway attached to the store unable to motor away while being publicly accused (can this perception be merited?) and I went back to the store entrance and faced the accuser. The accuser is a sawed off little bastard I told you don't look like you want any of this. He jumped out the window and ran onto the walkway and threatened me and began a brief fusillade of punches to my eyes, breaking my glasses. I pushed him away and came toward him and he ran to his truck threatening that he had a weapon and to get away. I told him if he flees, I will prosecute and shouted to the store personnel at the door to call the police. He fled. These facts were captured on store video. That was Saturday 6pm. I gave police the description and license # and they got the videos. They located the individual immediately across the state line (foreign license plate.) Police have not arrested the individual(s) and give no reason why. I see problems. Do you?

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Arrest a Known Bad Actor Caught on Store Video

What makes you think you get to make the decision as to whether he's arrested or not?

ETA: Post hx is MOST important here. (But my question stands)

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Arrest a Known Bad Actor Caught on Store Video

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Iowa

I haven't had much luck in these forums so far.
    That's because the vast majority of your threads are to put it mildly, nuts.

There could be any number of reasons that the guy hasn't been arrested. Not the least of which is Iowa cops have no arrest powers in other states.

Personally, I think your whole story is a fantasy.

He was likely a better actor than you thought. He's likely going to be on Broadway next month.
    \

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    I haven't had much luck in these forums so far.
    There's a reason for that:

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Police have not arrested the individual(s) and give no reason why. I see problems. Do you?
    I'm not really sure what this question means, but arresting someone in another state is a lot more complex than arresting someone in state. Unless the suspect returns to your state, your state's police will need to contact the police in the other state and, if the other state's police make an arrest, an extradition proceeding will be necessary. That's something your local police and prosecutor might not be willing to do for a relatively minor crime, but even if they do want to do it, it sure as hell will take longer than a couple days.

1. Sponsored Links