Default First Ticket Ever, Could I Really Have My License Suspended (Pa)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: PA
    I received a ticket for going 45 in a 25 mile zone. No construction visible, no orange cones, barriers, men working etc. The construction was on a cross street at least .10 of a mile from where I was given a ticket. I'm happy to pay the ticket and chalk it up to, be careful! But verbiage says, "Your driving privilege WILL BE SUSPENDED if you plead guilty or are found guilty of certain offenses including but not limited to...and 75 3362." Both numbers are on my ticket. I was just a Mom running errands in the middle of the day. I have never received a ticket before. Could I really have my license suspended?
    Thanks in advance...

Default Re: First Ticket Ever, Could I Really Have My License Suspended (Pa)

You were just a mom driving 20 miles per hour over the speed limit.

That said, here is the law and, more importantly, the penalty.

According to this https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/D...eets/fs-ps.pdf If it was a construction zone the ticket will come with 4 points plus a 15-day suspension. You might want to look into hiring a lawyer to defend you. I would first hustle back to the location and take a bunch of photos.

3362. Maximum speed limits.

(a) General rule.--Except when a special hazard exists that requires lower speed for compliance with section 3361 (relating to driving vehicle at safe speed), the limits specified in this section or established under this subchapter shall be maximum lawful speeds and no person shall drive a vehicle at a speed in excess of the following maximum limits:

(1) 35 miles per hour in any urban district.

(1.1) 65 miles per hour or 70 miles per hour for all vehicles on freeways where the department has posted a 65-miles-per-hour or 70-miles-per-hour speed limit.

(1.2) 25 miles per hour in a residence district if the highway:

(i) is not a numbered traffic route; and

(ii) is functionally classified by the department as a local highway.

(2) 55 miles per hour in other locations.

(3) Any other maximum speed limit established under this subchapter.

(b) Posting of speed limit.--

(1) No maximum speed limit established under subsection (a)(1), (1.2) or (3) shall be effective unless posted on fixed or variable official traffic-control devices erected in accordance with regulations adopted by the department which regulations shall require posting at the beginning and end of each speed zone and at intervals not greater than one-half mile.

(2) No maximum speed limit established under subsection (a)(1.1) shall be effective unless posted on fixed or variable official traffic-control devices erected after each interchange on the portion of highway on which the speed limit is in effect and wherever else the department shall determine.

(c) Penalty.--

(1) Any person violating this section is guilty of a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of:

(i) $42.50 for violating a maximum speed limit of 65 miles per hour or higher; or

(ii) $35 for violating any other maximum speed limit.

(2) Any person exceeding the maximum speed limit by more than five miles per hour shall pay an additional fine of $2 per mile for each mile in excess of five miles per hour over the maximum speed limit.

1. Sponsored Links