Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Money Order Situation

Quote Quoting shine9004
    View Post
    Alright thank you. But why $90 and not $990. I know I’m asking a lot of questions. I need to grasp the whole situation. And I am trying to stay calm. I just don’t want to make another mistake that’s all.
    Because I thought you said the MO was for $90.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Because I thought you said the MO was for $90.
    Ahh sorry for the confusion. The MO was for $990. So will the bank take $990 plus fees?

Hi everyone. So I did some in depths research on the money order that was put into my account.

In the section where it says “pay to the order of”, that line was blank. The money order was published on the same day this incident happened and around 4 hours prior to me meeting the man in the bank. The only thing that was there is the signature of the purchaser and the location number, agent number, and tracking number. The bottom of the MO also has the account and tracking number. I do not know if this changes the situation since the “pay to the order of” section was blank. How can I be sure this MO was forged or stolen?

Also the endorsement signature on the back was blank

The account and routing number ***

I'm starting to smell a troll. Way too many story changes (e.g., from "I did it 'cause I felt bad for him" to "well, actually I did it for the $90 he gave me"), repetitious questions (same ones over and over again), argumentative ("I'm just a poor inexperienced teenager who knows nothing about nothing, but whatever you guys are telling me is probably bogus, like who are you guys anyway?") and time-wasting (instead of just going off and following the excellent and accurate advice the expert volunteers have provided, just returning multiple times with the same information - expressed slightly differently each time).

Quote Quoting shine9004
    View Post

Hi everyone. So I did some in depths research on the money order that was put into my account.
    Another change to the story! How come you still have the money order?

I am not a troll. This has never happened to me and this entire situation is very confusing so of course I would ask a lot of questions

I did not do it for the $90. The guy straight up said to keep it for helping him

A copy of the money order is in my bank account. The bank takes digital copies of money orders or check if you deposit it

I’m sorry if you think I’m wasting your time. Right now, most banks are closed so I can’t do anything yet, so I might as well get as much info as I can

Kid, just relax. There's nothing you can do about it till the banks open, that's true, but it's not the end of the world. It's the end of your $900 but you are not going to be charged with ANYTHING for this. Now calm down and go watch TV, play a video game, go to a movie, something to take your mind off it.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Kid, just relax. There's nothing you can do about it till the banks open, that's true, but it's not the end of the world. It's the end of your $900 but you are not going to be charged with ANYTHING for this. Now calm down and go watch TV, play a video game, go to a movie, something to take your mind off it.
    Alright thank you very much. I will try and update the situation tomorrow. I'm surprised you were able to find me on the other site. Enjoy the rest of your evening

Most people who are regulars on one site, are also regulars on at least one other site.

Ahh I see

Quote Quoting shine9004
    View Post
    Also, do you know what the bank is going to do? I'm assuming that the police are going to try and locate this individual but is the bank going to do something to make my account clear of any problems?
    The bank's most likely going to close your account with a negative balance and report you to Chexsystems.

Quote Quoting shine9004
    View Post
    No my account will not be dropped to a negative balance.
    If you like having the convenience that a bank account provides, on Tuesday, you need to go open a new account somewhere else IMMEDIATELY. Once on Chexsystems, while not impossible, it's pretty tough to get a new bank account other than at bottom feeder banks like TCF.

If it doesn't put his account into a negative balance, why would the bank close his account with a negative balance?

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-e...y-order-scams/

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast