Default Expungemet of a Misdomeanor Dismissal Where the Records Are Now Sealed

My question involves criminal records for the state of: New York:

I currently reside in Wilimington De and recently accepted an offer with an FDIC bank, contingent upon a criminal background check..Recently I was informed..that a misdemeanor I had in Brookly NY 5 years ago.. although ultimately dismissed by the judge still requires a letter of expungement under FDIC regs...My understanding at the time was that an expungement would not be necessary because there was no conviction but a dismissal as mentioned earlier. My record's are now sealed as a dismissal. What are my options now.

Default Re: Expungemet of a Misdomeanor Dismissal Where the Records Are Now Sealed

If the FDIC is requiring expungement it would seem your only options are to get the record expunged or pass up the job. I'm willing to bet though the reason they need it expunged is that they see something is there but can't see deep enough into it to see that it was dismissed because it is sealed.

Default Re: Expungemet of a Misdomeanor Dismissal Where the Records Are Now Sealed

I'm not sure where he's going to get a "certificate of expungement" from. NY doesn't offer such things as they don't expunge records. The best they can do is seal them. Chances are this should have already have happened in his case. I suspect he could get a certificate of relief. Best to have a lawyer look into and obtain the necessary documentation.

1. Sponsored Links