Default Yay or Nay

My question involves restraining orders in the State of the US: California (Riverside County).
    My friend at APKNite was molested by a family member when she was little and she didn’t report it till last year. Now she’s having trouble deciding if she should press charges. If she does, her whole family would be affected and she wouldn’t have anyone else. If she doesn’t, she can’t feel safe unless he’s out of her life. What should she do?

Default Re: Yay or Nay

Quote Quoting chaseRICE
    View Post
    My question involves restraining orders in the State of the US: California (Riverside County).
    My friend at APKNite was molested by a family member when she was little and she didn’t report it till last year. Now she’s having trouble deciding if she should press charges. If she does, her whole family would be affected and she wouldn’t have anyone else. If she doesn’t, she can’t feel safe unless he’s out of her life. What should she do?
    That is a very personal decision that she needs to make on her own.

Quote Quoting chaseRICE
    View Post
    she didn’t report it till last year.
    To whom did she report it?

Quote Quoting chaseRICE
    View Post
    APKNite
    I'm not sure it matters, but are we supposed to know what this means?

Quote Quoting chaseRICE
    View Post
    was molested by a family member when she was little and she didn’t report it till last year.
    How long ago did this occur? How old is she now? To whom was it reported?

Quote Quoting chaseRICE
    View Post
    Now she’s having trouble deciding if she should press charges.
    Then she's in luck because, if she reported it to law enforcement, the decision to file or not file criminal charges is not hers to make. That decision will be made by the district attorney.

Quote Quoting chaseRICE
    View Post
    she can’t feel safe unless he’s out of her life.
    She can make this person not a part of her life whether or not criminal charges are filed.

Quote Quoting chaseRICE
    View Post
    What should she do?
    I seriously doubt your friend cares about the opinions of anonymous strangers on the internet. She may want to involve herself with a support group for victims of abuse.

1. Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources