Default Child Support Agency Placed a 100 Year Suspensoin on My License

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Washington

I submitted my case evidence to the local police of the area, and DCS of Washington, regarding what occurred with my case, how my ex and I had an agreement for zero support for no custody battling. I signed it under duress due to her threats and ability to lie to have what she wants enforced, regarding support and custody. She said she would do absolutely anything necessary to get what she wanted if I were to fight her, including many things I won't mention. Anyway, the police said it wasn't their area, they sent their copy to DCS. DCS just ignored it and filed orders in the new state that I moved to and next thing I know police are knocking on my door and looking for me. Don't know what they wanted, I never answered.

So I find out when I go to get a license, that the DoL of Washington has a 100 year hold on me, by DCS. Is this legal? Is there anyway out of it? They cited the following:

Referring to laws: RCW 46.20.291 (8) And
    Has been certified by the department of social and health services as a person who is not in compliance with a child support order or a *residential or visitation order as provided in RCW 74.20A.320.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Child Support Agency Placed a 100 Year Suspensoin on My License

Quote Quoting ajmcello78
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Washington

I submitted my case evidence to the local police of the area, and DCS of Washington, regarding what occurred with my case, how my ex and I had an agreement for zero support for no custody battling. I signed it under duress due to her threats and ability to lie to have what she wants enforced, regarding support and custody. She said she would do absolutely anything necessary to get what she wanted if I were to fight her, including many things I won't mention. Anyway, the police said it wasn't their area, they sent their copy to DCS. DCS just ignored it and filed orders in the new state that I moved to and next thing I know police are knocking on my door and looking for me. Don't know what they wanted, I never answered.

So I find out when I go to get a license, that the DoL of Washington has a 100 year hold on me, by DCS. Is this legal? Is there anyway out of it? They cited the following:

Referring to laws: RCW 46.20.291 (8) And
    Has been certified by the department of social and health services as a person who is not in compliance with a child support order or a *residential or visitation order as provided in RCW 74.20A.320.

Thanks in advance
    She applied for state benefits (food stamps, TANIF, Medicaid, or housing). When she did that the state automatically went after you for child support. They have the legal right to do that. No agreement regarding child support is ever permanent because child support can be modified over time.

If you contact DCS and fully cooperate with them you may be able to get the hold lifted.

I feel like something has been left out or you typed something incorrectly. She forced you to agree to NOT pay child support and she threatened you if you didn't agree to it? That really does not make any sense at all.

Quote Quoting PMMH
    View Post
    I feel like something has been left out or you typed something incorrectly. She forced you to agree to NOT pay child support and she threatened you if you didn't agree to it? That really does not make any sense at all.
    Translation: She wanted full custody so she prepared an agreement that stated that she had full custody and he didn't have to pay any child support. The "under duress" part is probably because he did want to see his child(ren).

Quote Quoting ajmcello78
    View Post
    I submitted my case evidence to the local police of the area, and DCS of Washington, regarding what occurred with my case, how my ex and I had an agreement for zero support for no custody battling.
    Why would you think the police would care about this sort of agreement?

Quote Quoting ajmcello78
    View Post
    DCS just ignored it and filed orders in the new state that I moved to and next thing I know police are knocking on my door and looking for me. Don't know what they wanted, I never answered.

So I find out when I go to get a license, that the DoL of Washington has a 100 year hold on me, by DCS. Is this legal?
    You cited a law that makes it legal (assuming the sort of order mentioned in the law exists), so I'm not sure I really understand what you're asking.

If DCS is involved it means either that the mother obtained a child support order or that she received public aid for the child and DCS obtained the order in order to recoup the cost of the public aid. Either way, your "agreement for zero child support" is legally meaningless.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Translation: She wanted full custody so she prepared an agreement that stated that she had full custody and he didn't have to pay any child support. The "under duress" part is probably because he did want to see his child(ren).
    Yes, correct. She said she kept a journal of all the things I did to her and our child (that was not true), such as rape, child abuse, etc. She told me bluntly, if you don't do give me what I want, I'll get it even if I have to lie and put you in prison. She's just that crazy and I believed her, and I wasn't about to lose my career over this. So yes, it, was signed under duress, you go away, I'll let you off with no spousal or child support, etc, etc. The papers she submitted were then "amended" shall we say, without my knowledge.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    She applied for state benefits (food stamps, TANIF, Medicaid, or housing). When she did that the state automatically went after you for child support. They have the legal right to do that. No agreement regarding child support is ever permanent because child support can be modified over time.

If you contact DCS and fully cooperate with them you may be able to get the hold lifted.
    AFAIK, it has not been modified (after being signed off on by a Judge). But what was modified after I signed it, and the changes she made are still in effect. It was signed off by a Judge and I was unaware of the new conditions my wife at the time had changed, after I had signed the paperwork.

I am sure she went on full state benefits, as she has never worked, doesn't drive, and lives with her 90 year old grandma.

When I did contact DCS, I contacted them about the original agreement and how it was changed without my knowledge. They could care less. All they said is "How much you going to pay today?" When I submitted a report to them, containing both copies of the original and modified CS paperwork (the latter with changes unbeknownst to me), it had my my contact info and literally a week later the police were looking for me regarding the Child Support case. Why? I don't know. I could probably look for a police incident number in my name, but there is nothing in the legal system regarding anything (I looked).

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Why would you think the police would care about this sort of agreement?

You cited a law that makes it legal (assuming the sort of order mentioned in the law exists), so I'm not sure I really understand what you're asking.

If DCS is involved it means either that the mother obtained a child support order or that she received public aid for the child and DCS obtained the order in order to recoup the cost of the public aid. Either way, your "agreement for zero child support" is legally meaningless.
    That's wonderful to know (all of it). The citations I mentioned were given to me as the legal reason DCS can put any kind of hold on your drivers license as they want. But 100 years? That's just ridiculous. It may as well be 1,000 years because I'll be well dead and gone. I was only curious if there was a way to legally fight that hold without DCS intervention (ie, working with them, because all they want is money, they don't want to hear about my case against my ex-wife and how she forged CS paperwork).

I'm reluctant to even contact them again, because last thing I want is the police after me. I don't know what they want. But there's no case or litigation filed against me, but heck if I know if they can throw me in jail or not.

1. Sponsored Links