Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Arbitration Award Being Ignored and Courts Still Tryiong to Evict

I know what appeal is lol. I guess my only solution is to remove it from these fake courts into federal and then supreme. I was trying not to put a judge / attorney in prison and when it gets to federal and and or to supreme that’s what will happen He has way to much evidence stacked up against the county and attorney we would have both thought they would just dismiss the case for lack of venue

You don't get to take a case to either Federal or the Supreme court just by deciding to do so.

LAWYERS AND ATTORNEYS ARE NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW THE NATURE OF LAWYER-CRAFT IN AMERICA AS PER THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT; The practice of Law CAN NOT be licensed by any state/State. (Schware v. Board of Examiners, 353 U.S. 238, 239)
    The practice of Law is AN OCCUPATION OF COMMON RIGHT! (Sims v. Aherns, 271 S.W. 720 (1925))

Trickery and deception

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

This has been great case of the OP not really lookin for, well, anything.

OP, are you sure that you didn't graduate from Kornell? Judging by your writing and usage I'd be hard pressed to believe that you hold an undergrad degree let alone a law degree.

Also, the state of Texas does license individuals as attorneys. Hell, if electricians and plumbers need to licensed what makes attorney so special? Or you, for that matter?

Trickery and deception, indeed! Next you'll be telling me that the state cannot require me to get a driver's license because I have the right to travel.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Gonna take the advice I gave budwad, myself here.

*fetches popcorn nonetheless

Quote Quoting Harveyspecter
    View Post
    LAWYERS AND ATTORNEYS ARE NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW THE NATURE OF LAWYER-CRAFT IN AMERICA AS PER THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT; The practice of Law CAN NOT be licensed by any state/State. (Schware v. Board of Examiners, 353 U.S. 238, 239)
    The practice of Law is AN OCCUPATION OF COMMON RIGHT! (Sims v. Aherns, 271 S.W. 720 (1925))

Trickery and deception
    If the above reflects your legal research abilities then its clear why you are having problems. The cases you cited do not say what you claim they do. Did you even bother to read them? Or did you, as I suspect, simply parrot the claim of some web site out there that claims that's what these cases say?

What the U.S. Supreme Court said in the Schware case was very different from what you claim. The issue in the case was not whether the state may require licensing of lawyers. It was instead whether a state may deny a license based on whether the applicant to the bar had been a communist party member. This was, after all, the 1950s and New Mexico, like a lot of the country was caught up in the "red scare" and targeted people merely for being members of the communist party rather than because of any crime they had actually committed. The Supreme Court held that being a communist party member was not a sufficient reason to bar admission to the bar. It stated:

A State cannot exclude a person from the practice of law or from any other occupation in a manner or for reasons that contravene the Due Process or Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Dent v. State of West Virginia, 129 U.S. 114, 9 S.Ct. 231, 32 L.Ed. 623. Cf. Slochower v. Board of Higher Education, 350 U.S. 551, 76 S.Ct. 637, 100 L.Ed. 692; Wieman v. Updegraff, 344 U.S. 183, 73 S.Ct. 215, 97 L.Ed. 216. And see Ex parte Secombe, 19 How. 9, 13, 15 L.Ed. 565. A State can require high standards of qualification, such as good moral character or proficiency in its law, before it admits an applicant to the bar, but any qualification must have a rational connection with the applicant's fitness or capacity to practice law. Douglas v. Noble, 261 U.S. 165, 43 S.Ct. 303, 67 L.Ed. 590; Cummings v. State of Missouri, 4 Wall. 277, 319320, 18 L.Ed. 356. Cf. Nebbia v. People of State of New York, 291 U.S. 502, 54 S.Ct. 505, 78 L.Ed. 940. Obviously an applicant could not be excluded merely because he was a Republican or a Negro or a member of a particular church.

Schware v. Bd. of Bar Exam. of State of N.M., 353 U.S. 232, 23839, 77 S. Ct. 752, 756, 1 L. Ed. 2d 796 (1957)(Bolding added). You can see from the sentence that I put in bold that the Court did not object to state requiring that lawyers be licensed by the state. It specifically said that the state can require high standards for admission to the bar and admission to the bar is the granting of the license to practice law. Indeed, the Supreme Court itself requires that lawyers appearing before it be members of the bar of that court, and one of the requirements for admission to the Supreme Court is that the lawyer is admitted to the bar of his/her state and in good standing.

So, the Court saying that a state cannot refuse to license someone because he is a communist party member is quite different from what you claimed the court said. The court nowhere said that a state may not require those who practice law to have a license. Instead, the statement I put in bold says just the opposite.

Your citation of the Sims v. Aherns case is even worse. That case had nothing at all to do with licensing of any profession, let alone lawyers. The issue in that case was whether the new state income tax violated the state constitution. The Alabama Supreme Court said it did. The State fixed that problem by amending the state constitution to add Amendment 25 to specifically allow for an income tax.

If you can't be bothered to read the cases you cite and analyze them properly for what the actual holding of the case is then you are going to fare badly in court. You'd need to do much better than what you did with the two cases you cited above. You weren't even close on either one.

Apparently, Harvey's legal research is limited to this article: https://www.nationallibertyalliance....tice%20Law.pdf. Parrots it word for word other than inlining the foot notes.

Taxing, I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: you have the patience of a saint. Especially with posters like Harveyspecter who have an unusual view of the world and a skewed version of the legal system. It's kind of you to attempt to break through the delusions, but alas I fear that your words are truly pearls before swine.

^^^^What Shadowbunny said.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Apparently, Harvey's legal research is limited to this article: https://www.nationallibertyalliance....tice%20Law.pdf. Parrots it word for word other than inlining the foot notes.
    You may have linked the wrong page. I'm not seeing Harvey's exact quote in that paper you linked. Of course, what is on the page you linked is very wrong. The author of it contends that the American Bar Association (ABA) licenses lawyers, not the state. That is clearly wrong as the ABA plays no role in the licensing of lawyers. Each state sets out by statute and court rules the requirements for a license to practice law and it is the state the determines who is admitted to practice. The author's confusion may stem from the fact that in many states the state body that licenses and regulates lawyers is called the state "Bar". It appears the author of that piece assumes that means the ABA, but in that the author is mistaken. The state bar and the ABA are wholly separate organizations. So clearly the author really didn't do his/her research on the facts before trodding down the road he or she took. Another case of shoddy or lazy research done to support an incorrect conclusion.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast