Default Poor Dental Work in Mexico

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Texas?

I recently traveled to Mexico to have some dental implants done. Due to poorly done work the implants will have to be completely redone costing $15k - $20k (US). Though I had the work done in Mexico the business has a Texas address, where I sent a wire with partial payment ($6500). Total was $8000. The owner has offered to fix whatever's wrong at no cost though I'm very reluctant to see the same doctor who did the shoddy work in the first place. What are the ramifications of having dental work done across the border by a business with a Texas address if I choose to take legal action? Thanks.

Default Re: Poor Dental Work in Mexico

Quote Quoting shegeek72
    View Post
    My question involves malpractice in the state of: Texas?

I recently traveled to Mexico to have some dental implants done. Due to poorly done work the implants will have to be completely redone costing $15k - $20k (US). Though I had the work done in Mexico the business has a Texas address, where I sent a wire with partial payment ($6500). Total was $8000. The owner has offered to fix whatever's wrong at no cost though I'm very reluctant to see the same doctor who did the shoddy work in the first place. What are the ramifications of having dental work done across the border by a business with a Texas address if I choose to take legal action? Thanks.
    The Texas address may allow you to sue the doctor in Texas. But it still may be Mexican law that would apply, not Texas law. More details on the contract you had would be needed to sort that out. Also, a judgment from a Texas court will only help if you the doctor has assets in the US. If you have to go to Mexico to collect, the process to try to get that judgment recognized in Mexico is much more complex.

1. Sponsored Links