Default Can I Fight a Handicap Parking Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of Philadelphia:

I received a parking ticket for parking in a "handicap spot" street parking right outside 701 Market Street by the Jewish museum. I did not understand the sign (because it was an arrow on a sign) and the curb was not painted blue nor does it have an access ramp for a normal handicap spot. Is there anything I can do to contest the ticket? Thank you

Default Re: Can I Fight a Handicap Parking Ticket

Information for disputing tickets is here: https://prdwmq.etimspayments.com/pbw...et_appeals.jsp

701 Market is two blocks away from the museum you mentioned and that side of the street is 100% no parking (it's a continuous bus lane). I do see such a space at 401 Market (Wells Fargo building).
    The signage looks pretty clear to me. Ramps and blue curbs are not required. The state law mandates only a sign. Can't see anything in the Philly code that changes that.
    It's illegal to block a handicapped ramp, whether signed or not.

You can try the dispute, but I don't give you much hope.

Agree. The signs have the ubiquitous blue wheelchair symbol.

Quote Quoting gs4017
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of Philadelphia
    I wonder if the governor and other officials of the State of Pennsylvania are aware that Philadelphia has broken off and become a separate state!

Quote Quoting gs4017
    View Post
    I received a parking ticket for parking in a "handicap spot" street parking right outside 701 Market Street by the Jewish museum.
    If you're talking about the national Museum of American Jewish History, that's blocks down the street from 701 Market, so you can't have been "right outside 701 Market Street" and "by the Jewish museum." Also, there are no handicapped parking spaces on the street "right outside 701 Market Street."

Quote Quoting gs4017
    View Post
    I did not understand the sign (because it was an arrow on a sign) and the curb was not painted blue nor does it have an access ramp for a normal handicap spot.
    Perhaps you could upload a picture of the sign and provide a more accurate explanation of where it is located (maybe these are the signs you're talking about). Please also identify the local ordinance or state law cited on your ticket.

Quote Quoting gs4017
    View Post
    Is there anything I can do to contest the ticket?
    Sure you can, but how much is the ticket (which isn't to say that you'll be successful, but you certainly can contest the ticket), and is that amount really worth the time and effort you'll put into fighting it?

PG: I'm pretty sure he meant 401 Market Street. Exactly where your GSV shot was taken.

I posted the link to appeal the ticket (he can do it with the BAA online, by mail , or in person).

Thanks for the comments!

1. Sponsored Links