Default Wiesenfeld V. Wiesenfeld Case in Florida

My question involves a marriage in the state of: FLORIDA

Hi. Does anyone know what the amount of inheritance and/or permanent alimony was that was terminated in the WIESENFELD v. WIESENFELD case in Florida?

Thank you.

Default Re: Wiesenfeld V. Wiesenfeld Case in Florida

Quote Quoting fluser
    View Post
    My question involves a marriage in the state of: FLORIDA

Hi. Does anyone know what the amount of inheritance and/or permanent alimony was that was terminated in the WIESENFELD v. WIESENFELD case in Florida?

Thank you.
    There are at least 4 Florida appeals cases with that caption and you've not provided any citation to the particular opinion/decision you have in mind. However, the case I think you mean is Wiesenfeld v. Wiesenfeld, 95 So. 3d 959 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2012). In that case, the ex husband petitioned the court for termination of his alimony obligation citing a substantial change in the ex wife's financial situation. The change he relied upon was an inheritance that his ex had received. The trial court granted the petition, and the wife appealed. The appeals court confirmed the trial court decision in all respects except one, which was that the trial court said the ex wife had to repay the alimony received from the date the ex husband filed the petition. The appeals court noted the ex wife did not actually receive the inheritance until after the petition was filed, so the ex wife was only ordered to repay the amount of alimony she got after the date she actually got the inheritance. The appellate decision does not mention the amount of inheritance she received. You'd have to go to the courthouse where the trial was held and look at the court record to see if it is mentioned there. The exact amount is probably not all that helpful to you though as your case will have different circumstances. The key would be whether the change in the ex's circumstances are enough that the ex would no longer need support. How much it would take for a person to no longer need support is going to vary from one person to the next because their circumstances will be different.

Default Re: Wiesenfeld V. Wiesenfeld Case in Florida

Thank you for your response. Yes, that is the well-known case I was referring to. Of course, I know that every set of circumstances is different (not to mention the fact that any judge in FL has discretion to rule as they see fit ultimately, regarding alimony), but I was interested in what this particular set of circumstances was, in this important case. I was actually able to find depositions etc. in the Duval County online court records (after I had already posted the question here) and I now have a pretty clear idea of what the financial circumstances of both parties were.

1. Sponsored Links