Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Why Me

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I assumed that it was a child born before they married since he said "her child". However, his paternity can be disestablished as part of the divorce case. Therefore even if he is legal dad that is no guarantee that he is going to end up with visitation.
    i looked at prior posts.

His paternity can be disestablished during the divorce if that is what he chooses. It doesn’t appear that is what he would choose. Depending on all of the facts, it could be a court would not terminate his parental rights, even if the mother wants to, especially if bio dad doesn’t step in and act. Courts have been known to continue a legal parentage in such situations based on the best interests of the child. Much info is lacking here so what might happen is impossible to guess.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    i looked at prior posts.

His paternity can be disestablished during the divorce if that is what he chooses. It doesn’t appear that is what he would choose. Depending on all of the facts, it could be a court would not terminate his parental rights, even if the mother wants to, especially if bio dad doesn’t step in and act. Courts have been known to continue a legal parentage in such situations based on the best interests of the child. Much info is lacking here so what might happen is impossible to guess.
    The whole "have been married on paper" bit needs clarifying as well.

"The whole "have been married on paper" bit needs clarifying as well. "

Why do I get the idea that the OP is a female?

Gail

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    The whole "have been married on paper" bit needs clarifying as well.
    well, not really unless the state allows an exception to the establishment of paternity for where there was no possible way the woman became pregnant by the husband. I didn’t see such an exception in the law although I didn’t search for one either. In some states, it is as simple as: if they are married, the husband is the father unless or until there is action to disestablish paternity as allowed by other laws.

Quote Quoting gail in georgia
    View Post
    "The whole "have been married on paper" bit needs clarifying as well. "

Why do I get the idea that the OP is a female?

Gail
    does this settle your mind?

No she not mine biologically but I been there long enough for her to see me as. Her daddy but her mom hates the idea and wont allow her to c

wouldnt there be two mommies and no daddies if the op is female?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    if you didnít have the information needed to respond as you did (suggesting the op has no parental rights and stating the op must deal with the bio father in any case) Why respond in such a factual manner as you did?
    You seem to have some sort of reading comprehension disability. My response to the OP included four parts. In the first, I requested an explanation of something the OP wrote that is unclear. In the second, I asked a question. In the third, I made a comment (that you seem not to take issue with) about the OP's filing of tax returns. In the fourth, I provided a legally accurate piece of information but expressly noted that the statement was subject to how the OP responded to my inquiries.

As far as posters' histories, I don't have the time to look at prior posts. If a poster wants to post incomplete information, that's his/her problem. If you're familiar with everyone's posting history, goodie for you.

I also don't have the time for trolls such as you, so I'm now going to mute you.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    You seem to have some sort of reading comprehension disability. My response to the OP included four parts. In the first, I requested an explanation of something the OP wrote that is unclear. In the second, I asked a question. In the third, I made a comment (that you seem not to take issue with) about the OP's filing of tax returns. In the fourth, I provided a legally accurate piece of information but expressly noted that the statement was subject to how the OP responded to my inquiries.

As far as posters' histories, I don't have the time to look at prior posts. If a poster wants to post incomplete information, that's his/her problem. If you're familiar with everyone's posting history, goodie for you.

I also don't have the time for trolls such as you, so I'm now going to mute you.
    So you spend more time addressing me than looking up the posters history yet you don’t have time to look up the posters history. Um, ok.

Again, if you read my post you would know your response was incorrect. If you choose to intentionally post incorrect info, then by all means, block me.

and since muting refers to auditory activity, I’m starting to wonder if maybe you haven’t taken some medication you should have. There is no sound on this website.

Have a great day

Are we going to start this stuff again?...OR, can everyone move to their corners and behave like adults?

I started out not understanding why he would why he would query the op about questions that were already know thinking maybe he just didn’t know where to look.

Then when I realized he really doesn’t care about the op and just wants to ask questions I had to play with the crotchety old fart.

I’m done.

Ok yes the lil one is 2 yes we have been married on paper have not got a divorce yet. No the bio father hasn't been around or even make an attempt to come around since she came home from the hospital

So if I dont get a divorce I'm good then until bio father does something or until she gets her own money and files an affidavit stating I'm not the dad

We have been married but we're only together for the first 2 months. We have been cohabiting for the past 2 years

No the op is mail

Plz dont fight. I need as much info as I can get. I feel I'm getting 2 different answers here. I like what jk is saying and I hope it is correct but if what the other guy is saying is true then I guess I'm screwed. But my world has gone to shit since I was banned from ever being in lil ones life.

Sigh. When did you get married - what DATE?

Are you on the child's birth certificate?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources