Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How Long Do I Need to Keep an Ex-Employee's Personal Property

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    You can ship the stuff to her now.
    Now, they might not have a valid address.

In reality, there is no reason why any employee would have any of that kind of equipment (personally owned) at an employer's office. Therefore, to repeat another poster, there has to be more to this story than the OP is admitting or knows. The "more", could make a huge difference as to how they should proceed.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    1 - Why would an employee have such property at her employer's office? (There's a back story here that you don't know or aren't telling.)

2 - Why the hell wasn't this stuff just shipped to her two years ago as soon as an issue arose? Nobody needed her consent to ship it.
    From what I understand this employee has been gone for almost two years. People have tried to contact her to get her to retrieve her items and I believe an offer was made to ship the items to her. She simply says to talk to her lawyer about this. As far as I know, no records of trying to contact her regarding her items have been kept. How long are we obligated to keep these items?

Quote Quoting nailiyatsi
    View Post
    From what I understand this employee has been gone for almost two years. People have tried to contact her to get her to retrieve her items and I believe an offer was made to ship the items to her. She simply says to talk to her lawyer about this. filezilla uc browser rufus As far as I know, no records of trying to contact her regarding her items have been kept. How long are we obligated to keep these items?
    2 - Why the hell wasn't this stuff just shipped to her two years ago as soon as an issue arose? Nobody needed her consent to ship it.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2