Default Removal from Sex Offender Registry in Louisiana

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Louisiana

I was convicted of computer aided solicitation of a minor in 2008, and was released in August of 2009. I feel like it is necessary to say that this was my first criminal offense ever. I have completed all the terms of my release, complied with all of the mandatory registration requirements, and have not gotten into any legal trouble since my release. I have read online that there may be a chance, however small, to be removed from the registry after a certain amount of time has passed. I have said all that to say this, what sort of chance would I have to be removed from the registry?

Default Re: Removal from Sex Offender Registry in Louisiana

What tier level are you on the registry?

I am a tier 2. I am aware that the time for a tier 2 is 25 years. I have been researching how to get off of the registry and I found articles stating that if the offender has maintained a clean record since their release, and if it is the first offense that the offender can petition to be removed. None of that may be true, but if there is a chance, even a small one, I have to do what I can.

Quote Quoting Iceman2056
    View Post
    I am a tier 2. I am aware that the time for a tier 2 is 25 years. I have been researching how to get off of the registry and I found articles stating that if the offender has maintained a clean record since their release, and if it is the first offense that the offender can petition to be removed. None of that may be true, but if there is a chance, even a small one, I have to do what I can.
    Curious...How old were you at the time of the offense?

I was 25. The Sheriff's department along with other law enforcement agencies ran a sting op and I was one of the ones they arrested that night.

Iceman, did these articles you read not also say how to do it?

Sadly, no. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a horse, the horse can see the carrot but no matter how fast he runs he'll never be able to catch the carrot.

Quote Quoting Iceman2056
    View Post
    Sadly, no. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a horse, the horse can see the carrot but no matter how fast he runs he'll never be able to catch the carrot.
    That is likely because the source of the data was clueless.

You are most likely correct. That is why I took a chance at posting on this website, I was hoping someone out there would have information one way or the other. If I was single, I wouldn't be trying so hard. I would just do my time on the registry and move on, but I'm not alone I have a wife. She knew what she was getting involved with well before we got married, but I know that it takes its toll on her as well and I'm tired of her suffering because of some stupid decision I made well before we met.

You say you were released in 2009, was that from jail/prison? If so, were you out on parole and when did your last day of parole, probation or community service end?

You would have to wait a minimum of 25 years from the last day of parole, probation or community service in order to petition the court for removal from the registry.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links