Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thirty Day Notice to Vacate Premises Fraud

My question involves defamation in the state of: Montana.

My ex moved out and left me a note to say that the thirty day notice to vacate the apartment we had shared was put in to the management company. On the first of this month I went down to pay the rent and found out that she had moved into another of their properties. I told them that I still planned on living at the dwelling and I personally gave them no thirty day notice to vacate nor did I sign my name to anything of the sort. Of course they looked shocked and huddled in an office to talk about it but I overheard the conversation.

It seems the Ex made a deal with them that she would clean the apartment (she did ask me to let her know when I had moved out so she could come clean the apartment) and the move in fees and damage deposit would switch over to her new dwellings lease and she would not have to pay them again.

In the end I was told I could stay since I had no idea she was moving out and that I was at work at the time she gave them the thirty day notice in my name since she did not have to give them one as she only switched to another of their properties so they were aware of her intent to vacate the property.

Is there any legal recourse I can take because she did try to connive and swindle me out of what is rightfully mine and she did tell them that I planned on moving and gave them a thirty day notice to vacate the premises letter supposedly signed by me.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I have never encountered this nor any situation like it before.

Thank you.

Default Re: Thirty Day Notice to Vacate Premises Fraud

Quote Quoting Zhadow
    View Post
    My question involves defamation in the state of: Montana.

My ex moved out and left me a note to say that the thirty day notice to vacate the apartment we had shared was put in to the management company. On the first of this month I went down to pay the rent and found out that she had moved into another of their properties. I told them that I still planned on living at the dwelling and I personally gave them no thirty day notice to vacate nor did I sign my name to anything of the sort. Of course they looked shocked and huddled in an office to talk about it but I overheard the conversation.

It seems the Ex made a deal with them that she would clean the apartment (she did ask me to let her know when I had moved out so she could come clean the apartment) and the move in fees and damage deposit would switch over to her new dwellings lease and she would not have to pay them again.

In the end I was told I could stay since I had no idea she was moving out and that I was at work at the time she gave them the thirty day notice in my name since she did not have to give them one as she only switched to another of their properties so they were aware of her intent to vacate the property.

Is there any legal recourse I can take because she did try to connive and swindle me out of what is rightfully mine and she did tell them that I planned on moving and gave them a thirty day notice to vacate the premises letter supposedly signed by me.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I have never encountered this nor any situation like it before.

Thank you.
    Recourse? No. you suffered no harm from her little diversion from Truthville.

Quote Quoting Zhadow
    View Post
    Are you saying that she paid the move in fees and damage deposit originally? Did you move in together or was one of you first?

No, I paid the fees and deposit but we both moved in together. The company I/we rent from requires the "notice to vacate" be their form that is printable/downloadable from their website or you can get it from their office and it has to be signed by all those on the lease. It boils down to: I did not sign a vacate notice so she must have signed it or a friend of hers did.

If she transferred the damage deposit and fees to her new apartment, there is a question as to whether you will be eligible to get back all or part of your deposit whenever you eventually move out in the future. I would check with the management on that and take action to recover damages if necessary.

Quote Quoting Zhadow
    View Post

The operative word is "try." She tried and failed and you still live in the apartment. No harm, no foul.

Get over it and get on with your life.

Lesson for the future: Don't live with girlfriends.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    The operative word is "try." She tried and failed and you still live in the apartment. No harm, no foul.

Get over it and get on with your life.

Lesson for the future: Don't live with girlfriends.

Quote Quoting nailiyatsi
    View Post
    You're repeating yourself.

Are you ill?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    You're repeating yourself.

Are you ill?
    That’s not the op. It’s a troll or spam seed

Quote Quoting nailiyatsi
    View Post
    My ex moved out and left me a note to say that the xender discord omegle thirty day notice to vacate the apartment we had shared was put in to the management company. On the first of this month I went down to pay the rent and found out that she had moved into another of their properties. I told them that I still planned on living at the dwelling and I personally gave them no thirty day notice to vacate nor did I sign my name to anything of the sort. Of course they looked shocked and huddled in an office to talk about it but I overheard the conversation.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast