My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Alberta, Canada

My 16 year old child wants to move in with his girlfriends parents, and now is wanting emancipation. Home life is fine, we are not abusers, the girlfriends parents called child services on us, and when they got involved they advised the girlfriends parents to facilitate a move back to the family home, this hasnít happened and we have now been served with court papers with the child wanting emancipation. All professional services that we have been in contact have advised a move back to the family home.

Is there anywhere we can go to look for prior case law to understand the arguments that can be used against us, and ones that we should be focusing on in the defence. Is there anyway we can stop or halt the court case?