Default Cps/Authorities

I had a cps case in the passed and it closed. After a routine urine sample at my drs they found a medication I wasnít prescribed. Can they call the authorities or cps for that? Thank you

Default Re: Cps/Authorities

Quote Quoting Prettypetunia
    View Post
    I had a cps case in the passed and it closed. After a routine urine sample at my drs they found a medication I wasn’t prescribed. Can they call the authorities or cps for that? Thank you
    Not legally.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Not legally.
    We don’t have all the info necessary to answer this with conviction. There are situations where the doctor may be allowed or even required to report the illegal use of medication. In a typical situation where there is no legal reason for the doctor to report the use, you would be correct.

I can think of a couple of situations but I doubt very seriously the OP is in one.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I can think of a couple of situations but I doubt very seriously the OP is in one.
    I can’t say whether he is or isn’t and that’s why I simply cautioned against such a definite “not legally”.

Given the great concern I really hesitate giving a definite yes or no.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I can’t say whether he is or isn’t and that’s why I simply cautioned against such a definite “not legally”.

Given the great concern I really hesitate giving a definite yes or no.
    I agree. There is simply not enough information here to say that they cannot do it legally. Doctors are mandated reporters and if there is anything at all in the situation that would indicate potential danger to any children involved, the doctor would be mandated to report.

Quote Quoting Prettypetunia
    View Post
    I had a cps case in the passed and it closed. After a routine urine sample at my drs they found a medication I wasn’t prescribed. Can they call the authorities or cps for that? Thank you
    Are you pregnant?

Quote Quoting just blue
    View Post
    Are you pregnant?
    No. Iím not.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I agree. There is simply not enough information here to say that they cannot do it legally. Doctors are mandated reporters and if there is anything at all in the situation that would indicate potential danger to any children involved, the doctor would be mandated to report.
    I just donít want my dr to refer me to outpatient and because I donít know if they would contact cps.

Why are you routinely drug tested ? Are you being treated for substance abuse? Do you receive a prescription for opiates or ADHD,medication ? It is up to your doctor if he reports it to cps. Doctors and other health care providers are Mandatory Reporters. If you have a,history of drug addiction or abuse. Your doctor could call cps. You need to get help, or more help for your drug problem.

1. Sponsored Links