Default Is It Likely for Me to Be Arrested for Shoplifting after leaving?

I went to buy an sd card, and I was stupid and decided to steal it after realizing i had forgotten my wallet . I walked out and the machine at the exit rang, and the employee at the door told me to stop. I sort of just freaked and ran outside then drove off. I've definitely learned from the scare and won't ever try it again, but would it be possible for me to be arrested after the fact. I am in texas, I'm 17, and it was registered under my parents name if that changes anything.

Default Re: Is It Likely for Me to Be Arrested for Shoplifting at Walmart After Leaving Walma

Sure it is possible. They have lots of cameras inside and outside the store.

Default Re: Is It Likely for Me to Be Arrested for Shoplifting at Walmart After Leaving Walma

Quote Quoting Rin10th
    View Post
    I went to [a retail store] to buy an sd card, and I was stupid and decided to steal it after realizing i had forgotten my wallet .
    And then you compounded that stupidity by admitting to your crime on a public message board and identifying the victim of your crime. If it's still possible, you really ought to edit your post to remove your victim's name.

Quote Quoting Rin10th
    View Post
    would it be possible for me to be arrested after the fact.
    Of course it's possible.

Quote Quoting Rin10th
    View Post
    I'm 17, and it was registered under my parents name if that changes anything.
    It only means that, if you are arrested and charged, you'll be charged as a juvenile offender. I suggest you think about whether you'd prefer your parents find out about this from you or whether you'd prefer they find out by getting something in the mail or by a police officer showing up and your front door.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    It only means that, if you are arrested and charged, you'll be charged as a juvenile offender. I suggest you think about whether you'd prefer your parents find out about this from you or whether you'd prefer they find out by getting something in the mail or by a police officer showing up and your front door.
    In TX, if you commit a crime after you turn 17, you are NOT treated as a juvenile offender. You are in adult criminal court.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    And then you compounded that stupidity by admitting to your crime on a public message board and identifying the victim of your crime. If it's still possible, you really ought to edit your post to remove your victim's name.

Of course it's possible.

I think that an attorney might disagree with this advice.

1. Sponsored Links