Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Full Time 4 Wheel Drive

yes, I am stuck with the consequences. so what your saying is that's the way things are in the USA today so roll with it. Do not trust anyone, have no faith in being treated ethically whether they appear to be sincere or not. That there is no consumer protection against being exploited. I should just pay $10,000 for nothing because I made a mistake. If you really want a lesson on how things really are in the USA today take 20 minutes of your time and go to "Humans are free" The complete history of the house of Rothschild, spend more time reading the hyperlinks and if you don't believe it thats what they are counting on. I am not trying to get out of my obligations or do anybody wrong, that's not my nature, I just think I am being treated unfairly and wish to remedy it. I want to stand my ground and not get trampled down by laws and rules that only benefit the rich.

You are basically stuck with the vehicle whether running or not. No lawyer in this country can get you out of the mess you're in, even if you could find a lawyer with a crystal ball and a magic-wand. Now, the only advice we can give you is, next time you need to purchase a vehicle, pay a mechanic to tag along with you, ask the car dealer to let you have an independent inspection or bring along a friend that has some-what of-a knowledge of mechanics with you.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    You are basically stuck with the vehicle whether running or not.
    Would you please read a thread before you post? The OP is not stuck with the vehicle it has been repo'd she told us that in the OP.

Quote Quoting robo
    View Post
    they disabled the vehicle and reposesed it.I only put about 500 miles on it and it was actually in better shape when they got it back due to repairs and detailing.
    Quote Quoting robo
    View Post
    yes, I am stuck with the consequences. so what your saying is that's the way things are in the USA today so roll with it. Do not trust anyone, have no faith in being treated ethically whether they appear to be sincere or not. That there is no consumer protection against being exploited. I should just pay $10,000 for nothing because I made a mistake. If you really want a lesson on how things really are in the USA today take 20 minutes of your time and go to "Humans are free" The complete history of the house of Rothschild, spend more time reading the hyperlinks and if you don't believe it thats what they are counting on. I am not trying to get out of my obligations or do anybody wrong, that's not my nature, I just think I am being treated unfairly and wish to remedy it. I want to stand my ground and not get trampled down by laws and rules that only benefit the rich.

You are stuck with the consequences of your own actions and inactions.

You didn't confirm that the Jeep was not full-time 4x4 and a simple look at the dash should have told you that. If you did not know how to operate the Jeep you should have gotten an owners manual or asked the salesman at the time of purchase.

You didn't, prior to purchase, get a 3rd party to examine the Jeep for mechanical issues.

Finally, you didn't know, in general, what you were getting into. I don't even think you understand that the dealer and the company that leased the Jeep to you are two different entities.

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    You leased this car and are responsible for it for the duration of the contract. Just because you didn't know that it was full time 4WD doesn't mean it's the dealers fault, you, as the buyer, have the responsibility to know what it is that you're leasing and the dealer is only required to disclose certain things.

It doesn't matter that you put money into the vehicle. That was your responsibility as the lessor. You are also responsible for the entire cost of the lease, when it's said and done. It's possible that the dealer or financing agency will release you but I certainly wouldn't count on it. They are a business and have obligations to the business and investors.

This not about business ethics. Ethically, the business owes you nothing except the car. You owe the business a monthly payment for use of the car and the care and maintenance of the car. That's the contract in a nutshell. There is likely no obligation for the lessee to release you because you don't like what you leased.

As to why the country is going to hell: given that you are trying to bail on your obligations I'd say that you are the problem. You are the one who doesn't want to fulfill their obligations and you're blaming others for your lack of due diligence.
    Actually, its people like me that are the solution and people like you that are the problem. No offence intended, you are not aware of your programed thinking. You actually think it's right that I should pay $10,000 give or take for putting 500 miles on a car? A car that is in better shape than when I acquired it? Just because I signed a contract trusting that I would be treated fairly? The contract should not have been written this way to start with. Are you looking with humanistic eyes? Or do you see through eyes that are told how they are supposed to see because that's just how things are supposed to be? Myself, I could never do that to another human being and live with myself, or condone it, let alone roll with it. Down deep you got to know its wrong. There are too many people that are jellyfish, no spine, that are afraid to stand there ground or even question anything. For instance, do you think its a democracy when the supreme court decides who is president? I ask myself; who decided that the supreme court was going to decide? I don't remember voting for someone to make that decision. Or attacking a country that has chemicals stockpiled for mass destruction. You know its not true, who would be fool enough to attack them knowing that millions of people could die a horrible death as a result? In the media not one person questioned either of these that I could see. What would you think if I told you that for the last hundred years all the money paid in interest and federal taxes was sucked out of our country instead of recirculating to stimulate our economy? Unbelievable right? Go to the aforementioned site and see for yourself. The financial institutions have been exploiting us and we just roll with it. We are going to roll right off a cliff if things don't change. Your children and grandchildren will be slaves to debt or die.

I love how you turned a poor deal and failing to fulfill your contractual obligations into the world is going to end. Maybe back off the hyperbole and realize you weren’t a smart shopper and now you’re going to pay for that. It’s not the supreme court’s fault or either of the Bush presidents but yours alone.

So, the problem becomes: what do or should you actually owe. You haven’t given much info to understand the contractual issue other than you leased a used car that probably wasn’t worth the capitalized cost

What has happened to the car since it was repossessed?

Was the leasing company also the selling company? With the “they disabled the car”, it sounds like it may be.

And considering your financial situation, you may wish to speak with a bankruptcy attorney. Obviously you haven’t said anything about such a move and I don’t have enough info to guess it might be your best action but given the situation you describe, it sounds like it may be worth considering.

Quote Quoting robo
    View Post
    We are going to roll right off a cliff if things don't change. Your children and grandchildren will be slaves to debt or die.
    Nope. My children and grandchildren have been and will be taught to know what they are agreeing to. You don't even seem to understand that the seller of your Jeep was most likely a different entity than the company that you leased it through.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I love how you turned a poor deal and failing to fulfill your contractual obligations into the world is going to end. Maybe back off the hyperbole and realize you weren’t a smart shopper and now you’re going to pay for that. It’s not the supreme court’s fault or either of the Bush presidents but yours alone.

So, the problem becomes: what do or should you actually owe. You haven’t given much info to understand the contractual issue other than you leased a used car that probably wasn’t worth the capitalized cost

What has happened to the car since it was repossessed?

Was the leasing company also the selling company? With the “they disabled the car”, it sounds like it may be.

And considering your financial situation, you may wish to speak with a bankruptcy attorney. Obviously you haven’t said anything about such a move and I don’t have enough info to guess it might be your best action but given the situation you describe, it sounds like it may be worth considering.
    I stand corrected sir, you are right, I jumped tracks and headed in a different direction. Truth is I have a desire for people to read the web site I mentioned. It is something that I believe people need to know. It also was something to do while I was waiting for someone like you that actually wants to help. I will gather a little necessary info and post tomorrow as I am already busy today. thank you

Hello boys, guess what, we did it. I took adjusterjack's advice and looked up the vin. First I seen there were 5 recalls and 2 were not completed,one of them being potentially dangerous. I also found a lot of complaints on both the car lot and leasing company that work exclusively with each other mostly about disabling the vehicles with no grace period and lacking the standard of care. After reading they're contract in its entirety, 2 of the pages with a magnifying glass it was lacking ethics and only benefiting them.I wont go into details but i spent a lot of time on the internet. I pleaded impracticability as they had the vehicle for two weeks out of the first month for repairs that should have been done before leasing, having no vehicle to get to work with and losing money I couldn't make the payment upon which they disabled the vehicle and refused any negotiations there after. I agreed to pay $200 to terminate the contract. A great deal less than $10,000 give or take. I work part time as a therapist in a counselling agency in a small country town that is also the county seat.I am well known among the courthouse as I have counseled many of they're children. The proper agency in the city is looking into this car leasing/finance company, a result of a request from our sheriff. Now I believe I have fulfilled my " obligations " that I believe is to right wrongs and not go along with them cause that's what society says i'm supposed to do. I now have a new rule for myself I put into a saying " beware of men in suites and ties who will take your money with laws and lies "

One more thing, I once again ask that you all go to the site "humans are free" and read the article " The complete history of the house of Rothschild ". I guarantee you won't regret it. It concerns us all. Please.

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    I don't want to sound rude, but I would start off by 1. Getting a better paying job, or 2. Getting a part-time job in addition to my full time job because there is nothing you can do about your buyers remorse.
    Found out it was full time 4 wheel drive and was not possible to make payments with this gas mileage and my budget, there was no manual with the jeep and the sales person never mentioned it was full time 4wd. I asked to trade for another vehicle and they said absolutely not. Also the first month I had to take it back for repairs and it took them 2 weeks or better for $1,190 of repairs.

DENIMKATY is doing what the other pre-spammer was doing.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast