Default Buyer Backs Out of Car Purchse Payment Agreement

I sold my car to my Uncle in April. I gave him the permit and I sent in the release of liability to the DMV. I also have a contract where it states his name and my name and the car information. He agreed to pay me monthly and he decided to pay me $1000 monthly for the car. Until he pays the car off. I moved out of the country and now he does not want to buy my car. He didn't pay me the amount he said he would pay for June and July. The car has not been registered under his name and does not have insurance. What can I do if I live out of the country and do not have the money to fly back to California to fix this issue? He said the car is not worth what I sold it to him for. Can he back out of the signed contract? What can I do? I feel robbed. I don't have money for the car I sold and I don't have my car...

Default Re: Buyer Backs Out of Car Purchse Payment Agreement

Quote Quoting BeyondUpset
    View Post
    Can he back out of the signed contract?
    Sure. That's exactly what he is doing.

View Post

What can I do if I live out of the country and do not have the money to fly back to California to fix this issue?
    Nothing. That's what he's counting on.

Oh, you can hire a lawyer in California, but you don't have money.

View Post

I feel robbed. I don't have money for the car I sold and I don't have my car...
    You've just learned two important (and expensive) life lessons from the school of hard knocks.

1 - Never do financial arrangements with relatives (or friends for that matter, or lovers).

2 - Never take payments for a car sale. Cash only. For the full amount. No checks.

View Post
    I sold my car to my Uncle in April. I gave him the permit and I sent in the release of liability to the DMV. I also have a contract where it states his name and my name and the car information. He agreed to pay me monthly and he decided to pay me $1000 monthly for the car. Until he pays the car off. I moved out of the country and now he does not want to buy my car. He didn't pay me the amount he said he would pay for June and July. The car has not been registered under his name and does not have insurance. What can I do if I live out of the country and do not have the money to fly back to California to fix this issue? He said the car is not worth what I sold it to him for. Can he back out of the signed contract? What can I do? I feel robbed. I don't have money for the car I sold and I don't have my car...
    If you aren't willing to go back to California and do something about it he can do pretty much what he wants.

You can sue your uncle for breach of contract.

1. Sponsored Links