Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Tricked into Child Support

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

Met a girl through a web site called “seeking arrangements”. The idea is you establish a no strings attached sugar baby relationship. Which we did. It worked for a just about two years. She used an IUD during this time and made it clear she was protected and pregnancy was not going to be an issue.

I broke it off with her about 10 weeks ago. I started getting threatening letters from an anonymous source that “something” was going to happen about the same time. The last said “am I ready” and then a note from her that she is 10 weeks pregnant and that I would have to pay her child support.

Assuming it is my child, what are my legal options? The women clearly only cares about the money, the child, if there is one, is just a tool to get paid. She will keep it, as if she aborted she would lose her leverage. Being tricked Into paying child support for the next 18 years has to be illegal. Do I have any recourse at all?

Default Re: Tricked into Child Support

If the child is indeed your child, then no matter how that child came to exist (via tricks, via mutual consent, via ignorance, via whatever), you are legally responsible to support that child. There is no way around this.

(Please note that IUDs do not prevent pregnancy 100%. She may have been mistaken when she told you they did, or she may have been lying, but either way, it is just as much your responsibility to be up-to-date on the efficacy of various birth control methods.)

Is this the same woman who you claimed was trying to blackmail you a few weeks ago?
    https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...3989&p=1121511

If this woman bears a child then request a paternity test. If the child is yours then you will be on the hook for child support and you can request visitation, the same as with your other children from your other marriage.
    https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...67343&p=762075

Quote Quoting bhartwell
    View Post

Met a girl through a web site called “seeking arrangements”. The idea is you establish a no strings attached sugar baby relationship. Which we did. It worked for a just about two years. She used an IUD during this time and made it clear she was protected and pregnancy was not going to be an issue.

I broke it off with her about 10 weeks ago. I started getting threatening letters from an anonymous source that “something” was going to happen about the same time. The last said “am I ready” and then a note from her that she is 10 weeks pregnant and that I would have to pay her child support.

Assuming it is my child, what are my legal options? The women clearly only cares about the money, the child, if there is one, is just a tool to get paid. She will keep it, as if she aborted she would lose her leverage. Being tricked Into paying child support for the next 18 years has to be illegal. Do I have any recourse at all?
    Assuming you are an adult with no intellectual disability, you cannot be tricked into getting someone pregnant. You know how babies are made and you know that sex can equal pregnancy. Birth control fails and people lie, and that’s common knowledge too. You can’t get out of child support by claiming you only wanted sex and not a child, or that she told you she was on birth control, if that’s what you are asking. What you CAN do, if she is even really pregnant at all, is get a paternity test. Do not pay her anything while she’s pregnant, don’t sign any agreements. Wait until the child is born, don’t sign the birth certificate, and wait for a DNA test. If this child is yours, you will be financially responsible. You will also be allowed to have visitation or shared custody. I would wait until there is proof though, because someone being cut off from their sugar daddy suddenly turning up pregnant after two years is awfully suspect.

Quote Quoting bhartwell
    View Post

I'm gonna hazard a guess that you don't have a really big, fat bank account...other wise you would be asking your attorney these questions instead of strangers on the net. If she is, indeed, pregnant with your child she is unlikely to get enough to support the child without working. When the child is born, file through the court for paternity/support/visitation.

It's rather amazing to me that you are surprised/outraged/baffled that a woman that you hired off the net to have sex with you would be so cunning and mercenary.

Quote Quoting bhartwell
    View Post
    Being tricked Into paying child support for the next 18 years has to be illegal. Do I have any recourse at all?
    Tricked? No! If you were 13 and the victim of statutory rape, and fathered a child, you are still legally responsible for child support.

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    Tricked? No! If you were 13 and the victim of statutory rape, and fathered a child, you are still legally responsible for child support.
    Really? You sure about that? A 13 year old child that was raped would have to legally support the baby? Cause I rather doubt it. But if you can find ONE case I'll eat my words.

Quote Quoting just blue
    View Post
    Really? You sure about that? A 13 year old child that was raped would have to legally support the baby? Cause I rather doubt it. But if you can find ONE case I'll eat my words.
    Common law in many jurisdictions. I read law cases on that controversial topic many years ago.

https://law.justia.com/cases/kansas/.../67-978-3.html

Is 14 close enough?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...m/amp/14953965

And they speak of a case of a 15 yo in California in the same situation

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Is 14 close enough?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...m/amp/14953965

And they speak of a case of a 15 yo in California in the same situation
    I was actually looking for RJR to come up with a 13 year old being court ordered. Not a 24 year old....kwim?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast